• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM Stable] Bugless Beast 0.6.2 (Android 2.2.1- FRG83)

ronaldramsayii

Android Enthusiast
Follow Pete on Twitter: @PeterAlfonso

Screenshots? Here They Are: Bugless Beast 0.6.2 Screenshots

Download Now!!: Here or Here

[FONT=&quot]Version 0.6.2[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-Added Rotary Lockscreen Option (credit to ?)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Compcache Files/Fixes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Music Icon For Status Bar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Toast Image (credit to Santiago)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Blur Effect To Shutdown (credit to Pete)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Assisted GPS Setting (credit to Pete)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Model Number/Name (credit to Pete)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added App Widget Picker (credit to boombuler)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Organized Application Settings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Organized About Phone & Added More Information [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Organized ROM Toolkit & Added More Options[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Clear Dalvik Cache[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Clear Battery Statistics[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Delete Application Backups[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Updated Hosts File (credit to mvps.org)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Blocks More Ads/Parasites[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Updated Battery Images (credit to StevenDRoy)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -100% Does Not Show A Value[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Text Is Easier To Read[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Synced/Merged With AOSP Froyo (thanks Google)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Tons Of Changes/Bug Fixes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Dialog Box Added For Long Press To Kill (credit to CVPCS)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Made Changes To Protips Widget[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Heavily Modified RamDisk...Again (credit to Pete)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Faster Boot Times[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Less Services Started[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Ondemand Default Governor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Lower Sampling Rate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Terminal Application Modifications (credit to Jack Palevich)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-All Executables Moved To system/bin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-All Shell Scripts Moved To system/xbin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed Battery Displaying Wrong Value[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] -Battery Life Will Be Greatly Improved [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Version 0.6.1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-Fixed Spelling Error In ROM Toolkit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed Auto Correct In Keyboard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed Program Menu[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed CPU Frequency Script[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed Mismatch Of Music Button Icons[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed "Screen Jiggle" MultiTouch Issue[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Fixed local.prop File Overwrite[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Removed AudioGalaxy.com From Hosts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Raised Minimum Auto Brightness Level[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added CarHome Launcher Application[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added SpareParts To ROM Toolkit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread MMS Icon For Status Bar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Email Icon For Status Bar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Settings Images[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Phone Images[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Added Gingerbread Contact Images[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Updated Market Application to 2.2.7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Made Status Bar Background More Transparent[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I'm getting FC's when I go into the security menu from settings. I'm running ADW EX with stock kernal.

I'm getting FC's when I go into the security menu from settings. I'm running ADW EX with stock kernal.

You wouldn't happen to have a password set and also be using the curved unlock screen? I have seen some complaints about this issue.

Just installed v0.6.2 and chevyno1 1.1 ulv kernel. Seems to be running good so far. Seems to be a lot smoother. Didn't do a wipe of either data or cache. The settings menus look a lot cleaner. Will continue to monitor and test.

can anyone else test playing flash video in the browser and youtube. when i do either for more then a minute the battery starts to go down super fast then shutdown. i'll do a battery stat wipe and it will show the real value after reboot. can anyone else confirm this?

can anyone else test playing flash video in the browser and youtube. when i do either for more then a minute the battery starts to go down super fast then shutdown. i'll do a battery stat wipe and it will show the real value after reboot. can anyone else confirm this?

When I tried just now....my battery dropped from 40% to 20%. As the video started to play it just froze all together.....Had to do a battery pull....

Cool, I was looking for this version, I saw Pete running it on one of his other posts but when i went to his website it was still a link to download 6.1. I'm wondering if there is anything I have to do to flash this newer version. I am running V6.1 and I'm using the Trueblue theme. DO I just flash 6.2 over 6.1 and the theme without wiping data/cache or do I have to do it differently because of the theme? Its not a big deal if I lose the theme and have to reflash it once V6.2 is installed . Any help is appreciated. I was honestly going to flash Sorcery ROM this morning until I saw this post. I haven't been to impressed with this new version of Bugless Beast and what its been doing to my battery life, not to mention lack of themes.

Cool, I was looking for this version, I saw Pete running it on one of his other posts but when i went to his website it was still a link to download 6.1. I'm wondering if there is anything I have to do to flash this newer version. I am running V6.1 and I'm using the Trueblue theme. DO I just flash 6.2 over 6.1 and the theme without wiping data/cache or do I have to do it differently because of the theme? Its not a big deal if I lose the theme and have to reflash it once V6.2 is installed . Any help is appreciated. I was honestly going to flash Sorcery ROM this morning until I saw this post. I haven't been to impressed with this new version of Bugless Beast and what its been doing to my battery life, not to mention lack of themes.

If your going from 6.1 to 6.2 you can install over it though Pete still recommends that you wipe data/cache. If you are using a pin number for security then remove it first or you will trigger a bug with the ROM that Pete knows about and will be working to patch. No pin then no problem.

As far as I know themes do not work going from 6.1 to 6.2 but I am not 100% certain since I don't use themes.

My personal policy is to always wipe between ROM installs and it has always served me well.

None of my apps were restored when I installed this ROM. However it wasn't a big deal since I didn't use a lot of them anyway. All of the apps I paid for still showed up in the market and I re-downloaded them no problem.

This ROM is great! Much improved over V0.5. The best feature is that my battery life has SIGNIFICANTLY improved over 0.5.

can anyone tell me how to change the alarm clock ring tone? I thought it was under options in the alarm clock app but no longer see it there?

Back
Top Bottom