• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM Stable] Bugless Beast 0.6.2 (Android 2.2.1- FRG83)

something weird...my phone has been off the charger for 22 hours and im still at 80%...its not draining at all lol...texting, a few calls, nothing major, but still im getting worried

Alright, so.... I've tried updating BB from 5 to 6. Everytime I get some nandroid error (either 25 or 35) when I try to create a backup, restore a backup, install update.zip or anything.

When trying to install from sdcard\update.zip, the error says
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")
E:Error in sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What can I possibly be doing wrong?
I wiped data and cache (twice now) moved update.zip from root/nandroid/update.zip to root/sdcard/update.zip and back again (Now trying "root/sdcard/nandroid")

Do I have to flash SPRecovery again? Do I have to fiddle with the mount options? Do I have to unzip the update?? WTF is going on with my phone?

A nice little twist.. I got Cyanogen Mod on here (First try, misnomer Bugless....) but now I can't even get into recovery because Clockwork Mod won't work and SPRecovery doesn't work. It just hangs on the 'M' symbol when the phone is booting for 3 mins-Infinity.

Any help on getting BB again? Do I just need to reroot my phone??

Can someone give me pointers on how to change the default application in the launcher on BB 6.2.1? It's something simple I know, just overlooking it.

Thanks.

Can someone give me pointers on how to change the default application in the launcher on BB 6.2.1? It's something simple I know, just overlooking it.

Thanks.

Just press Home and itll give you an option of which launcher you want to use
Make sure you check the box that says use this launcher by default

Its been 2 days and 20 hours since i charged last, and i still have 20% left..moderate usage :) liking battery life so far

Just press Home and itll give you an option of which launcher you want to use
Make sure you check the box that says use this launcher by default

That doesn't address my question. Those applications in the launcher...I want those changed.

As far as what you said: It doesn't do what you think it does.

No, it doesn't. I have dialer, talk, browser and email in my launcher. If I press and hold, no matter how long, it only opens that application.

If you're trying to get rid of or change the four options on the bottom you can't unless you switch to a different launcher. The default launcher is the way Pete set it.

I read the original question that DapCorderman asked "Can someone give me pointers on how to change the default application in the launcher on BB 6.2.1? It's something simple I know, just overlooking it." and I am slightly confused about what is being asked.

Do you want to change the default launcher for all applications? If yes then you need to install LauncherPro, or GO Launcher EX, or something similar. You can also install Home Switcher to quickly control which one you want to be the default. All those apps are available from the market.

If you want to change something else, perhaps you could explain what you want to accomplish in a little more detail. I am not sure what "default application in the launcher" means???

Just trying to help...

Not in the stock launcher by the user in the OS. Alternate launchers have docks that can be changed.

That is why someone above told you to press home - you have the stock launcher.

Not in the stock launcher by the user in the OS. Alternate launchers have docks that can be changed.

That is why someone above told you to press home - you have the stock launcher.

But as I said, pressing home does nothing to let me change to another launcher as default.

It really doesn't matter and is no longer worth it.

But as I said, pressing home does nothing to let me change to another launcher as default.

It really doesn't matter and is no longer worth it.

You have to have an alternate launcher installed before you can switch launchers..install an alternate launcher, press home, check the box that says use as default launcher...voila!

i recommend launcher pro plus, its really nice and very customizable :)

So much for customization. Poor move. How would I change back to stock launcher?

This is not to be critical, but to clear up any misunderstanding. Pete's BB ROMs are meant to be very close to stock with the focus on speed and performance with minimal customization options. As stated, the stock launcher with Pete is the only launcher available unless you download a different one from the market (sorry for not being clearer about that in my earlier post).

I like BB and Pete's ROMs because the are stock-like and perform very well, others like to customize which is why having so many devs who work on ROMs is so great. The variety of what is out there is what makes rooting and ROMming so much fun. For that my hat is off to all of the hard working devs who do this for nothing more than thanks and the donations we kick their way (which many of them appreciate but don't expect or demand).

That being said, for customization options you will proabably want to try Ultimate Droid (UD), Cyanogen Mod (CM), or Sourcery ROM. These tend to offer more in the way of personalized customization. Hope this helps and I would keep trying different ROMs until you find the one that is perfect for you. :D

I've noticed that I have not been getting notifications for a few apps lately. If it were only one app I'd think it was that specific app, but at least two have been missing from my notifications bar since I moved to BB 0.6.2.1

Twidroyd
Words with Friends
WeatherBug Elite notifications (ongoing) does not update

Has anyone else encountered? Is it possible the ROM isn't playing nice with my phone? I came from UD which seemed to work fine, I Just didn't like it.

I've noticed that I have not been getting notifications for a few apps lately. If it were only one app I'd think it was that specific app, but at least two have been missing from my notifications bar since I moved to BB 0.6.2.1

Twidroyd
Words with Friends

Has anyone else encountered? Is it possible the ROM isn't playing nice with my phone? I came from UD which seemed to work fine, I Just didn't like it.

I don't use Twidroyd notifications but Words with Friends and WeatherBug Elite have been fine for me. Once in a great while WeatherBug will not update in the notification bar, but opening he app clears that right up. Maybe you are right and the ROM doesn't like your phone. Wish I had some more of a technical answer for you.

Twidroyd
Words with Friends

One thing to check is if those apps are saved to your SD card rather than your phone's internal memory. If they are saved to your sd card it can affect the widgets and notifications that you receive. That is the only thing I can think of that might cause your problem.

If they are saved to your sd then move them back to your phone's memory and it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom