• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM Stable] Bugless Beast 0.6.2 (Android 2.2.1- FRG83)

First I'd like to say that I've tried Cyanogenmod for a while, and BB blows it out of the water. I had way too many issues with C, but BB is like getting a new phone. Anyway, I've always used the pattern lock screen. It's quick and easy, and lets me keep some of my nosier friends out of my phone. But when set up the pattern lock in BB, I check the lock to make sure it works. The first time I lock it, it does, but when I lock it the second or third time, the lock screen reverts back to either the regular or rotary lock screen (I've tried checking and unchecking that box many times to be sure it wasn't a bug with the rotary lock screen). I've tried googling it, but can't seem to find anything about a lock screen issue with BB. Anybody have any ideas?

Either should work, but I always d/l on the computer and transfer to the phone sdcard. If you are not on wifi, a d/l to the phone could take considerable time. I have used BB for several versions and each one is better than the last. If you don't like it, try Project Elite v4.2. I think it is a lot like BB.

Hows this going for everyone?

Either should work, but I always d/l on the computer and transfer to the phone sdcard. If you are not on wifi, a d/l to the phone could take considerable time. I have used BB for several versions and each one is better than the last. If you don't like it, try Project Elite v4.2. I think it is a lot like BB.

Okay, I transfered to the SD card....now what?

Okay, I transfered to the SD card....now what?

You haven't provided much information in your posts. Your name is DroidX, so I want to make sure that you have the original droid, and not the Droid X. If you have the X, bugless won't work for you.

Also, you haven't mentioned if you have your phone rooted, and whether or not you have a recovery method installed either.

The best bet, if you are rooted already, is to download ROM Manager from the market. Once you have the Bugless Beast ROM on your SD card, ROM Manager will allow you to flash the ROM from the application. (well, it actually allows you to flash ClockWork recovery, which will in turn allow you to backup and flash ROMs)

Let me know if any of that makes sense to you. If not, you might want to do a bit more reading before you begin flashing.

Good luck!

Love the ROM, but my battery life is horrible. Even when my phone is on standby for most of the day, I have to put it on the charger once in the afternoon and again at night; it can't even make it 24 hours :(

Slacker20, in the ROM Toolkit, Performance, what is your governer set at? You might want to try Powersave here.
I thought there was a setting in BB where you could tell it how "cut-throat" the process monitor was. I've noticed that if I check my phone for emails intermittently and have it reminding me of appointments with Touchdown running, but not much else than that, I can get a day and a half out of my battery.

I know there has been much debate about Task Killers all over, but I still believe that the best use of it is to kill all the tasks after you reboot/startup the phone, repeated use after that is more of just gives you the warm fuzzies if you need it, but not often needed (I do hit times when my phone lags and the task killer is helpful there, but that's needed maybe once or twice a day only).

I've been running this rom for a couple days now and it's been fantastic. Battery life is far better than stock, and the OS runs very smoothly. Nicely done Pete!

Great ROM! It's one of the best.

I'd love to donate, however I will not because of the Ad blocking feature being included here. Pete may be a college student trying to make ends meet so he can do this for a living (from his website), but by including this feature he's taking money from developers actually doing this for a living.

wly, is your concern due to just the fact the option is listed?

If it is not, you can always turn adverts on as well.
System Settings> ROM Toolkit>System
Make sure the "Block Advertisements" box is unchecked.

This way you can run BB v0.6.2 with advertisements if you want to. This option also allows you to enjoy the ROM without feeling dishonorable since you have the ability to turn it off.
ROMs are all about providing more options in my opinion.

wly, is your concern due to just the fact the option is listed?

Yep. I leave it unchecked.

ROMs are all about providing more options in my opinion.

I generally agree, except in this case. Making it so easy to block ads hurts application development for the platform. It's one reason why so many developers are writing more for iOS, even when the number of Android users is growing and surpassing iOS.

I seriously doubt that ad blocking is what is deterring developers from coming to Android. In the entire pool of millions of Android users, I'd wager that there is a comparatively small number of users that are able to ad block their phones.

Back on topic, I'm officially sold on BB 0.6.2.1. The battery life I'm getting is fantastic, and my phone runs so smoothly. Excellent work Pete!

I have been loving 0.6.2.1 but am having one issue. In Settings>Accounts&sync>add account I can't sign into Facebook. When I click on Facebook it just boots me back to the previous screen. The other options; twitter, gmail and corporate work fine. I just miss the pictures of my friends in contacts. Any help? Should I try reinstalling the entire rom? Thanks for any help.

First off, Im a long-time lurker, and I finally decided to make an account. I just wanted to thank everyone on these fourms for making things easy to understand for the beginners. :)

I just picked this rom up and I was wondering if there is a kernel I can use to get a 1.2ghz cpu speed. I was using an older BB with a chevy1 kernel and it worked perfectly for my 1.2ghz speed. Now I seem to be at a loss as to where to look to get a kernel for this BB.

If someone could steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Works great! It actually fixed some horrible error on my phone where it would reset when i turned it on/off. However, if there anyway I can gain support for .wma files? Half of my music collection is WMA >_<

First off, Im a long-time lurker, and I finally decided to make an account. I just wanted to thank everyone on these fourms for making things easy to understand for the beginners. :)

I just picked this rom up and I was wondering if there is a kernel I can use to get a 1.2ghz cpu speed. I was using an older BB with a chevy1 kernel and it worked perfectly for my 1.2ghz speed. Now I seem to be at a loss as to where to look to get a kernel for this BB.

If someone could steer me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it :)

In Rom Manager you can download Chevy and Slayher kernels. Either should fit the bill for you. Slayher is what Pete uses for default so that may be the best place to start. I am running chevy 1.0 lv and it moves along great.

PS
Chevys dont seem to download from the market. Here is a link to his kernels:

http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/kernels3/

i like stock kernel with this ROM. It's more than enough for me, and i like to underclock to 550mHz

anyway, so far im loving this ROM, i just miss the real gingerbread keyboard found in true gingerbread roms...specifically the yellow selection tabs that allow you to accurately go to where u want the cursor to be, or for accurate cut/paste! like the iphone has!

i like stock kernel with this ROM. It's more than enough for me, and i like to underclock to 550mHz

anyway, so far im loving this ROM, i just miss the real gingerbread keyboard found in true gingerbread roms...specifically the yellow selection tabs that allow you to accurately go to where u want the cursor to be, or for accurate cut/paste! like the iphone has!

The new GPA12 is real nice and smooth. You could try that one for the cut/paste tab though it really does seem to need a 1ghz kernel to run w/o lag. Pete is also starting work on a Bugless Beast GB build so there is something to look forward to for BB fans.

I think that now that there are functional GB ROMs the devs will start streamlining them to run better and continue smoothing out some of the workarounds making for some great ROMs.

Hm I was thinking of trying the new GPA12, even though on GPA10 i had many issues not receiving texts/calls/emails. I also lagged a lot on stock kernel. Are you experiencing a lot of lag with stock kernel?

Im currently using his BB 0.6.2 and it runs amazing!

hmm, im noticing very quick battery drain on BB 0.6.2 lately (went from 100% to 90% in about 15 mins with 5 texts sent), maybe its because i wiped batt stats and rebooted, but ill update after a full drain/recharge.

Hm I was thinking of trying the new GPA12, even though on GPA10 i had many issues not receiving texts/calls/emails. I also lagged a lot on stock kernel. Are you experiencing a lot of lag with stock kernel?

Im currently using his BB 0.6.2 and it runs amazing!

On the stock kernel it would lag a bit but when I loaded the 1ghz slayher kernel recommended by Pete it really smoothed out. I also had the text issue on GPA10 but have not missed anything on GPA12 or had any problems.

On the stock kernel it would lag a bit but when I loaded the 1ghz slayher kernel recommended by Pete it really smoothed out. I also had the text issue on GPA10 but have not missed anything on GPA12 or had any problems.

how about the battery temps? what temps have you been getting using the 1ghz slayher? id assume itd be pretty high

how about the battery temps? what temps have you been getting using the 1ghz slayher? id assume itd be pretty high

With gpa 10 & 11 it ran hot but with 12 it has been fine. Also I have a setcpu profile set to scale it back to 800 if it gets to 50 C but it has not needed it yet. Kernels seem to be very unique to each phone so try several to see what works.

With gpa 10 & 11 it ran hot but with 12 it has been fine. Also I have a setcpu profile set to scale it back to 800 if it gets to 50 C but it has not needed it yet. Kernels seem to be very unique to each phone so try several to see what works.

great, im going to try it out tonight. Ill report back

Back
Top Bottom