• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][STOCK][ACS] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: RFS Only, CWM3025 :: Deodexed/Prerooted :: 5/16

Thank you so much for making this ROM available! I've been running it for the past two days without any problems. It's great to have Gingerbread after it took so long for a decent Froyo.

I have a request: Would it be possible to compile and post the tun.ko file for this ROM? I need it to use VPN Connections to connect to my Cisco VPN. It's frustrating that Android doesn't support it natively.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi all, noob to rooting, so please bear with me. I rooted to an earlier CWM today (I followed an older link), then after I found this page I later overlaid with 3.0.2.5 so I could install this ROM (I assume that was OK, I see another post above that indicated it was OK to just install the later CWM). Re EE03, I see that there are 2 files to download here, a .zip for the ROM and a .tar for the modem (although there is mention of no %^#&ing tar existing so I'm confused by that). And I'm not sure what it means to flash the modem...I just watched a vid on how to install a ROM and it only mentions the .zip file....so am I just dropping both of these files onto my SD card, doing the 3x wipe and installing the .zip file? Will that just rope in the modem flash? Sorry, like I said, a newbie here...someone win a toaster and help me out. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones