• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Warp 4G Stock B12 KitKat 4.4.2 Deodexed and Unmodified

I gave up the warp4g for the LG G2, also boost, and wanted to thank all of you who developed and made for a wonderful experience with that device. I tried every rom, kernel, etc. since before any updates and had a great time. You're all an inspiration to push every limit and accept no limitations. You inspire us all.
Now does anyone know where I can find info on this device? XDA and the forums here have no section for the boost version of this device.
Thank you all again!

Reactions: Purerawenergy
Upvote 0
For Boost Mobile ZTE Warp 4G N9510 only..

What is the likelyhood of getting this rom working on the N9511 (aka ZTE Source) which is essentially the same CDMA phone ZTE built for Cricket but with a cheaper, lower resolution screen and lesser camera?

same Krait200 cpu, same MSM8930, same Adreno 305, same 1GB ram
(but supposedly the rom size on N9511 is 4GB vs N9510 8gb)

will the display driver realize the N9511 is 480x854 resolution instead of the warp's 720x1280

Or is there more to it than that like the touch sensor driver?

Most people aren't going to care if the cdma radio and camera do not work on the N9511, only about kitkat stability and performance

other than hroark13's defunct CM11 project, there is no 4.4 available for the N9511

The surge in renewed N9511 interest is because Cricket is dumping the Source phone for $10 all over the internet now since AT&T bought them and retired their CDMA network for GSM instead

Upvote 0
What is the likelyhood of getting this rom working on the N9511 (aka ZTE Source) which is essentially the same CDMA phone ZTE built for Cricket but with a cheaper, lower resolution screen and lesser camera?

same Krait200 cpu, same MSM8930, same Adreno 305, same 1GB ram
(but supposedly the rom size on N9511 is 4GB vs N9510 8gb)

will the display driver realize the N9511 is 480x854 resolution instead of the warp's 720x1280

Or is there more to it than that like the touch sensor driver?

Most people aren't going to care if the cdma radio and camera do not work on the N9511, only about kitkat stability and performance

other than hroark13's defunct CM11 project, there is no 4.4 available for the N9511

The surge in renewed N9511 interest is because Cricket is dumping the Source phone for $10 all over the internet now since AT&T bought them and retired their CDMA network for GSM instead
Porting this rom to the n9511 is possible. You would need to modify the ramdisk and replace the kernel, modify build.prop, and replace the kernel modules at a minimum to make it work.

Reactions: _ck_
Upvote 0
You would need to modify the ramdisk and replace the kernel, modify build.prop, and replace the kernel modules

Interesting, thanks for the insight (unfortunately a bit beyond my abilities).
Without straying too far off topic, how does a build like hroark13's multi-zte cm11 work on so many devices with a single kernel?

I wonder if I could flash this and then flash a 4.1 n9511 kernel over it. Oh wait, the partitions on 4.1 are different than 4.4 aren't they.

Upvote 0
how does a build like hroark13's multi-zte cm11 work on so many devices with a single kernel?
It uses a unified kernel source, but each has it's own ramdisk, kernel modules, build.prop, etc. When it flashes, the script checks what device you have and installs the appropriate files.
I wonder if I could flash this and then flash a 4.1 n9511 kernel over it. Oh wait, the partitions on 4.1 are different than 4.4 aren't they.
You could certainly try it. It will either work or it won't ;)

Reactions: _ck_ and bcrichster
Upvote 0
Can you please tell me where it is available for $10? I need to buy one.

Well there was a $10 preorder price but they are now back to $14 at c7recycle.com
They have discount codes for larger orders
C7ZTEBULK20% = 20% off 5 or more
C7APR$5 = $5 off any $55+ purchase
C7APR$15 = $15 off any $105+

They are also on ebay for $10-$15 but be careful of some sellers with broken units.

Radio Shack was clearing them out in stores but I would bet they are long gone now.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
FYI. This Warp4G N9510 does NOT like or able to sustain any Miracast connection for very long, as this phone gets so hot that it starts glitching & cooking the micro SD..
I believe I fixed/figured out the Miracast/cast screen overheat issue: a script I was running for the touchscreen was the culprit. Removed it, rebooted and the device operated universally cooler since then. Even played a game on Miracast for a cpl hrs to check. No superheating & no glitching.

Upvote 0
Bahahah! LOOKIE LOOKIE!!
0c539c1060d930cf9bf86d6b62f61515.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones