• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [rom] teamchickeneater 2.2.1

i had problems at first trying to figure out how to flash roms. (i think im still a noob lol learning tho) but once i played around in recovery i eventually figured it out. quit easy actually. and i didnt have to wipe my user data. should i tho? thanks!

Ohh yeah you HAVE to wipe. Because it most of the time gives internal errors that are not good.

Upvote 0
Just an update I got plenty of requests for apprentices so right now don't send anymore
:D lg redid their apk in 2.2.1 missing files but that won't stop us. Just kind of weird.

Well not that it affects me, but it is rather odd that they would redo the apk all of a sudden. I'm curious now as to the reasoning behind such a move.

Upvote 0
Well not that it affects me, but it is rather odd that they would redo the apk all of a sudden. I'm curious now as to the reasoning behind such a move.

My guess is to slim it down they removed two folders of .pro files my guess is that since you can't go into landscape mode they removed the extra files which is fine with me actually works to my advantage. I'm just wondering what other changes they made. I ......... will wait till later before I share this other news. :D It's good.

Upvote 0
tried to load the teamchickeneater in recovery and I can't see the zip file... i've uninstalled it and placed in a rom folder and can see the folders but no img. I'm confused what happened....

Side note I've checked my back up and it says mem=447 is that a typical name for a nand backup file name?

Answer: mem=447m was a folder. the backups were inside.

Also should I toggle signed verification to disabled... or does it not matter?

now my only concern is making the roms visable. Further more I was unsuccessful to use restore backup as it keeps stating I need to run adb mobile.sh. any thoughts on how to complete without doing this? and what if I try by adb shell and I can't find that .sh?

Answer: Ok nevermind all that... I was using corrupt backups... realized I was using the ones I did a few days ago... completed a backup today and poof able to restore back to todays nand.

now i'm ready to play around with roms if I can flash them.

Resolution::: too many folders not enough lines available. You can't scroll further than what you see... I didn't realize that until I remember reading that on another post about customer recovery... moved a bunch of folders to appz. And now I see the zips. installing now.... errr after I turn the signature thing off.

Upvote 0
wuz upp, i really want to root my phone ! lol i download the rom but i dnt kno what to do with it. can someone help by posting a step by step process on what to do before and after u root it, that would REEEEALLY help me out alooot nd i would appreciate it ! thankz

Here are the steps to flash the rom.

First download it and copy it to Android images (This is a folder for easier access on the sdcard, If you don`t have it you will have to create it)

Then reboot to recovery and select wipe option, then select wipe all userdata (You will have to erase everything from your phone to avoid errors.)

After that go back and select flash zip menu, then select toggle Signature Verify.
Next choose Flash zip from sdcard, navigate to Android Images folder and select
the downloaded image with .zip ending.

Click on menu to confirm and let it do it`s job. It will take a while to finish.
After it`s done go back and select reboot system now.

Upvote 0
and how do i go in to recovery ?
There are 2 ways to get into recovery, the easiest is to download an app from the market called AnReboot I am unsure if you have to be rooted before that will work, but when you launch it it will ask if you want to reboot phone or reboot into recovery.

the second way is to hold the home key the volume down key and the power button, while the phone is off. It will give you the LG screen keep holding the buttons then it will go into recovery.

I believe you can flash this rom with out already being root, however you will need to have the custom recovery first, as the stock recovery wont give you options to flash new roms.
To get the custom recovery follow these instructions.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-...nally-custom-recovery-2-2-1-stock-phones.html

Upvote 0
I already have the custom recovery that I installed when I was on the stock 2.2. Would I need to put this new custom recovery on my phone before I upgrade to the 2.2.1 rom?

Also, if I want to go back to a 2.2 rom, can I just flash it again and go back or am I locked at 2.2.1?

Yes you can flash this rom. It will work on your phone. Just remember to wipe before flashing :)

Upvote 0
I already have the custom recovery that I installed when I was on the stock 2.2. Would I need to put this new custom recovery on my phone before I upgrade to the 2.2.1 rom?

Also, if I want to go back to a 2.2 rom, can I just flash it again and go back or am I locked at 2.2.1?

You don`t need the new recovery use the one you have to flash this rom and any 2.2 rom with the same recovery. You can flash those roms whenever you want just remember to wipe before flashing

Reactions: reilus
Upvote 0
I think I am having a problem with the wiping. Asadullah mentioned that the other night when he was working with my phone. I do all the wipe options in the menu, each one. Then, some of the stuff from previous distro comes back. I have ringtones that I did not install, for example, and these should not be on the phone after I wiped it -- these are custom, non-stock ring tones.

I think something is seriously wrong with my phone. I keep getting the same installation errors and hangs no matter what ROM I use and no matter how well I wipe. It seems my phone still has dingleberries. *sigh* Is there a better way to wipe?

I dread that maybe I've screwed up some persistent part of my phone that I cannot fix. These problems should not occur across different distros. Is there any way to fix this problem or do I need to get a new phone?

I really want to learn to build roms. I am tired of not having control over my phone. I've PMed Asadullah about it, and I want to make public mention of my intent. I hope that I will prove an apt pupil. I'm so sick of being at the mercy of my phone.

You don`t need the new recovery use the one you have to flash this rom and any 2.2 rom with the same recovery. You can flash those roms whenever you want just remember to wipe before flashing

Upvote 0
I`m just using the stock program that comes with Android. I mean is not a program but just what Andoid brings from stock. :)

Gotcha. I was a bit confused. I'm going back and forth between the recovery and the rom you guys created and have them both as recoveries... if I was to change the names of the folder or the name of the recovery... will that matter at all? right now they are only seperated by a long string of characters and the date. i'd like to label them seperately. I'll try that tonight unless you respond.

Upvote 0
If you are talking about the nandroid back up, they have a string of numbers. I have changed the name of the folders only. I've read that if you change the names of the files inside that it screws things up.

Gotcha. I was a bit confused. I'm going back and forth between the recovery and the rom you guys created and have them both as recoveries... if I was to change the names of the folder or the name of the recovery... will that matter at all? right now they are only seperated by a long string of characters and the date. i'd like to label them seperately. I'll try that tonight unless you respond.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones