• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root? Developer Options

Think so, because I'm not sure you'd be able to transfer stuff into card that's formatted as ext2, does Windows recognize that format?? Think Mac does, but dont remember off the top of my head

Install ext2fsd to recognize ext2 partitions in windows. Make sure to check the box (s) to be able to write to the partition. I just checked them all.

THANKS TO ALL WHO R TRYING TO ROOT LG VOLT..

Only 2 days with it right now.....Like the phone.. BUT VERY DISAPPOINTED

that Boost has disabled USB INTERNET TETHER............

Unfortunately you don't know about this until you've spent money on phone.

Hopefully someone will figure out how to root and get access to blocked system to allow USB INTERNET TETHERING

THANKS TO ALL WHO R TRYING TO ROOT LG VOLT..

Only 2 days with it right now.....Like the phone.. BUT VERY DISAPPOINTED

that Boost has disabled USB INTERNET TETHER............

Unfortunately you don't know about this until you've spent money on phone.

Hopefully someone will figure out how to root and get access to blocked system to allow USB INTERNET TETHERING

There are hacks for that. I had a rom on my S2 that bypassed the block and allowed hotspot and tethering without paying for it (it's like $10 extra per month).

If you're a boost customer you should know tethering is not allowed unless you have it included in your plan

My previous zte warp allowed usb debugging mode and internet tethering via usb

They probably changed tethering when they took away the truly unlimited data. No phone (that I've seen) has USB debugging blocked. It's hidden on the Volt to keep people from doing stupid things, but it's not blocked.

Like I said, you can get a hacked app to get tethering for free.

It always worked this way, no tethering unless you have a plan or you rooted your phone and use another type of tethering app that bypasses the stock one, such as Wi-Fi tether for root users.

Well i have a curiosity... if you
1) type "adb device" press enter
2) type "adb shell" press enter
3) type "reboot recovery" press enter
It looks different when it tries to boot recovery but then reboots normally.
As opposed to
1) type "adb device" press enter
2) type "adb reboot recovery" press enter

Dont know what thats about but found it strange because in my experience it should do the same either way.

I asked Shabbypenguin for some help.

Edit: Got a reply saying he can't help because the bootloader is locked.
El shabby confirmed what I felt was the ordeal. locked bootloader... LG=locks good
I will tell you the same thing senor shabby and senor djrbliss would tell you...support phones with unlockable bootloaders

I don't have the phone yet. Has these commands been tried to unlock the bootloader?

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock

Maybe this will help?

I had the same problem few hours ago so I used different method to unlock the bootloader and it worked perfectly.
Check this thread and watch the video tutorial, it's short: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2180497
Also, pay attention to the post number #17 by nedooo, he attached fastboot drivers in his post.

Basically:
1. Connect you phone via USB, open adb, type: adb reboot-bootloader
- your phone will reboot and will stay at the LG logo, just let it be like that for now and go to step 2.
2. a) Download fastboot drivers from nedooo's post and extract them to your desktop or wherever you like
b) Go to your computer's Device Manager, there you will find "fastboot" with yellow triangle over it. Right clik on fastboot -> update drivers -> browse my computer for driver software -> click on browse and select the extracted folder from step a)
3. We've installed fastboot drivers, all you need to do now is go back to adb and type: fastboot oem unlock
You'll get message on your phone, so use "vol up" and "vol down" keys to select "Unlock" option and "power" button to confirm the selection.
Your screen will go black, wait for 30 seconds and then remove the battery, put it back in and turn on the phone.

Credits go to nbock97 and nedooo, you can use this method if the official method doesn't work for you, in our case official method couldn't get past the first red message ("Download mode") for some reason, probably because of drivers.

I don't have the phone yet. Has these commands been tried to unlock the bootloader?

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock

Maybe this will help?

I don't think anyone has tried 'adb reboot-bootloader', but we've tried the others. Seems unlikely this will work though... I mean, that's for 4.1.2. I'm sure they've made changes to block this. Can't hurt to try though.

Anyone care to try this variant on getting root: [GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini! - xda-developers

Similar to the others proposed (put the superuser.zip on the external sd card, then boot into recovery and apply it) except that the thread recommends formatting the sd card as ext4 rather than fat32.

After we get the bootloader unlocked and get into recovery..

This method may work after turning off the signature verification function from your recovery menu to disable the signature check.

Edit:
I ROOTED IT! My solution is that i format the partition into EXT4. Thank you for all the help guys! EXT2 and EXT3 didn't work for me so EXT4 is the next in line.

Just read over this again. It's apparent that whoever wrote the article didn't try it because they say to reboot into recovery, unplug from the computer, then insert the SD card. It's not possible to insert the SD card without removing the battery.

I think they thought it was L90.. which it isn't.

Just read over this again. It's apparent that whoever wrote the article didn't try it because they say to reboot into recovery, unplug from the computer, then insert the SD card. It's not possible to insert the SD card without removing the battery.

Umm you can remove the sd card and install it with the battery in... ive done it.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Code:
adb reboot oem-unlock

Maybe this will help?

No luck with this... doesn't halt on lg logo and no unknown device on pc.

Back
Top Bottom