• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root? Developer Options

Tesla5, we can access download mode, and recovery. We can't side load with adb in recovery, download mode doesn't show up in adb, although no one has tried manually adding the hardware IDs to the drivers yet. I may give it a go, but haven't been overly motivated lately since I'm pretty happy with the phone as is.

Tesla5, we can access download mode, and recovery. We can't side load with adb in recovery, download mode doesn't show up in adb, although no one has tried manually adding the hardware IDs to the drivers yet. I may give it a go, but haven't been overly motivated lately since I'm pretty happy with the phone as is.

So you can flash zip from sd card via recovery?

If so what happens with this update.zip method?

[GUIDE][ROOT] Root your LG L40/L70/L90/G2 mini! - xda-developers

Can you turn off the signature verification function from your recovery menu to disable the signature check?

Perhaps we can get the zip resigned.

Not with stock recovery. Tried resigning one with a self signing program, still failed. I think if we're going to get anything on, it'll have to be through download mode.

Could anyone tell me why I can't get my device to show up under the device list when using the lsusb command when in recovery?

Edit: never mind

my apps were unaffected

I tried the same thing adb drivers are recognized in windows but when rebooting to recovery via fastboot it causes windows to report it as an unknown device.

trying to see if this has anything to do with it.
Fixing adb "Device not found" with Nexus 7/Android devices in Recovery Mode

im trying it on different computers and trying different drivers, also got into download mode as well

[VOL UP] + POWER when you see the LG Logo plug in your usb to a pc.

it def got an upgrade from prior versions tells if youre rooted or not,

I could never get into download mode

I'm on my way to work so I can't do try anything right now, besides I don't have windows, but has anyone tried this adb recovery fix?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2391236

It's not that we need a fix for adb recovery. When it switches to sideload mode, the hardware ID literally becomes UNKNOWN, which means it's being blocked. That fix looks like it's just adding additional IDs to the driver, which can be done manually, but we have no ID to add. Download mode retains its ID, which could be added to the ADB drivers to try to sideload through that mode, but no one had tried it yet. I've simply been unmotivated as I have no pressing need to have root.

The hardware id as in vid and pid? When I run lsusb it doesn't even show up and dmesg gives me this
2uvade7u.jpg

Not the last part. The last part where it actually works is when I rebooted to the os.
I have a list of a bunch of pids for lg (vid 1004)

The hardware id as in vid and pid? When I run lsusb it doesn't even show up and dmesg gives me this
2uvade7u.jpg

Not the last part. The last part where it actually works is when I rebooted to the os.
I have a list of a bunch of pids for lg (vid 1004)

You can get the hardware ID just by looking in the device manager. ADB sideload mode is listed as UNKNOWN.

I'm not home right now but I don't think you can issue adb commands when in download mode
That may be...I'm no expert on this stuff. It's just that download mode is the only mode that is identifiable. Oddly, my phone states that it is rooted when in download mode. If you can't then how would we be able to take advantage of download mode?

Odin is the program you use in windows for download mode, completely different from adb though. I'm talking a whole nother ballpark. Same game but completely different field.

Back
Top Bottom