• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for Concord II - failed with Impactor, VROOT, Towelroot, baidu, framaroot or SRSroot

Hello

I have also an issue for root my ZTE device (Not the same ZTE Blade Vec 4G)

I have try most root tools like Towelroot kingroot vroot etc...

The phone won't boot in fastboot mode.

Have you try a adb reboot bootloader on your phone ? Fastboot mode work ?

What is your kernel version ?

On my device it's : Linux version 3.4.0 (gelisha@SCL-7SH154) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT
Wed May 21 15:06:49 CST 2014

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i make no promises on anything, just much easier if device is in hand.

I'm not sure if this is important or not since I'm no developer and it could already be a well known feature that's hidden, but I have unlocked developer mode on this phone. Happened by dumb curiosity. If you go to settings, about phone and then click on software version 3 times, it'll say "You are now 4 steps away from being a developer". Continue clicking until it says "You are now a developer" and it unlocks Developer Options in settings. It appears at bottom after you exit and re-enter settings. Is this a new discovery? Or am I just a Tool? LOL

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if this is important or not since I'm no developer and it could already be a well known feature that's hidden, but I have unlocked developer mode on this phone. Happened by dumb curiosity. If you go to settings, about phone and then click on software version 3 times, it'll say "You are now 4 steps away from being a developer". Continue clicking until it says "You are now a developer" and it unlocks Developer Options in settings. It appears at bottom after you exit and re-enter settings. Is this a new discovery? Or am I just a Tool? LOL

its been like that for the last few builds of android.;)

Upvote 0
I sure wish we could root this phone! I can't afford another one and i can't stand having unrooted device! Somebody, please help us! I am going CRAZY!!!

Patience. They're moving forward. Devs are finally getting devices in hand. I know how you feel though. I've been tempted to post an online trade for an LG Motion even though I hate the small screen and it has over 100MB less of physical RAM. With root, this could be a decent phone.

Upvote 0
So good news and bad news.

bad news? No idea on when could come. This is a low key device so there isnt really a big need to "burn" an exploit on it, not when rooting is getting harder and harder. by making it public it would indeed allow oems to patch it and then limit how many devices it could root.

Now i know what you are thinking, "But shabby, you said there was good news... so wtf?"

Well i guess it depends on what you consider good news? I'm selling my ZTE Concord 2. Now i know they go for brand new on metropcs.com for only 20, but this is a mint condition concord 2. Like i didnt even bother to remove the plastic film on it. i took some photos of it as i thought perhaps someone here would be interested in purchasing it.
IMG_20140916_202136.jpg

IMG_20140916_202146.jpg

IMG_20140916_200555.jpg

4KmWcoPzhivZdhpMn9ZwMne8zWbp3QANjWCWgCd_JpZn=w1115-h836-no

Ill post it in the market section when i get a chance but my isp is being wonky tonight, internet has cut out 3 times while i was writing this post. Anyone have any ideas of how much i should post it for? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones