• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for Fierce 2?

So has any one figured any thing out to unlock bootloader I've been trying different ways but to no luck any one else find any thing out for the Alcatel 7040n

Just wanted to sign up to say that I successfully rooted my 7040t. I'll give instructions:
1. Install kingroot latest English version from kingroot.net, antutu benchmark and stability test 2.7 from play store. You'll also need a demanding game installed (I used a game called Soccer Spirits).
2. Start your game to a point where it will run in the background. Press home and run antutu and start the test.
3. Start kingroot and begin the rooting process.
4. Open stability test 2.7 and run the CPU/GPU test at full detail. When the test starts and you see the 3d image, let it run for a few minutes.
5. Check on your kingroot after some time. It should say root achieved successfully or at least be pretty close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-22-18-35-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-22-18-35-16.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 248
I've found out an easier way to install root!
You'll ned to have AnTuTu Benchmark installed, Kingroot 4.5,and ANOTHER Kingroot 4.0 (Yes the same app but different versions)
Run the AnTuTu Benchamrk when it gets to 10%, press home and quickly run King Root latest version 4.5, it will then get to a certain percent (Around 20) and reboot when it reboots run King Root 4.0 and It will get to like 50 or more and it will seem to crash, the phone will then reboot and BOOM you hae Root!!

Also wondering if anyone has had success rooting alcatel onetouch pop icon a564c? I've read its the same or at least similar. Thanks!

Hi folks,
I spent several hours last night rooting and re-rooting my fierce 2 and I have a bit more info that might help if you're having trouble. I noticed a few things and there is so much info out there I thought I'd let you all know what I figured out. First of all, Kingroot does work. I was able to get it to work with the 4.0 version but then kingroot is all in chinese after you get it rooted and it might not update to a newer one. I tried several different versions of Kingroot and the one that worked best for me was 4.1.0.249. It was successful more often than any of the others i tried and I was able to get rid of it fairly easily afterwards plus you don't have to go delete the apps data after every attempt because it doesn't remember if you tried before or not.
So here's the way I did it. Boot the phone, install kingroot 4.1.0.249 and Antutu benchmark. Get Kingroot running but not started and switch to Antutu. Start the test and wait until it reaches 14% or 18% then quickly swich over to Kingroot and start the rooting. You'll know if it is working if it makes it past the 20's and 30's of percent. If it stops before 50% it didn't work and it will reboot and you have to start over. If it makes its way up into the 50's it may or may not reboot but either way it needs to reboot and when it does you will see a short updating message during load-up. That's the rootkit becoming final. After that you will have root. Be patient the first time you request root authorization. It might take a minute or two before it works the first time.
After that I tried:
http://androidforums.com/threads/script-replace-kingoroot-with-supersu.919175/

but was unsuccessful. Then, I found this:
http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html

and it worked brilliantly the first time. I hope I've helped somebody out there. Seems like this is a great phone but really needs rooting. Enjoy!

dsp

Just got mine to root with no problem finally. Go to https://www.kingoapp.com/ and download the windows pc version, make sure your phone is in charge only mode and have debugging enabled before you start the rooting process. Enjoy!!

Have you tried to reset the phone, since it might be the only way to restore functions on the phone, but losing anything on the internal memory (unless you have backed everything up on the External SD Card, in which it won't delete anything from the card.

Back
Top Bottom