• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root+Gingerbread ROM data speeds

UserName872

Android Enthusiast
Nov 4, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
As you may have seen through other posts today, mattbe213 and I have rooted our devices easily with the one-click method and have radio-off as well.

Here is a screenshot with some data speeds on the mobile network, not wifi.

Just thought I'd share, this is double what I received before rooting aand flashing the ROM.

If you have some extra time and can follow instructions you can have root and a blazing fast ROM in no time. No more bloatware.

On froyo, not gingerbread though.

ScreenShot-2.png

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone last night using Bubby's root thing (over at XDA) and it took me a good two hours, scaring me the whole time. I was so scared I'd brick my phone. I'd hardly say it was easy...I was watching a video about Bubby's thing and I had to rewind like a billion times to check that I was doing the right thing....
Anyway, It's rooted now, but now I have no clue how to install a rom? I'd like to install Gingerbread or Honeycomb...So can you explain how to install a rom?

Also, how do I remove AT&T's crappy bloatware? Do I have to flash a rom to remove it or can I uninstall it a different way or something?

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone last night using Bubby's root thing (over at XDA) and it took me a good two hours, scaring me the whole time. I was so scared I'd brick my phone. I'd hardly say it was easy...I was watching a video about Bubby's thing and I had to rewind like a billion times to check that I was doing the right thing....
Anyway, It's rooted now, but now I have no clue how to install a rom? I'd like to install Gingerbread or Honeycomb...So can you explain how to install a rom?

Also, how do I remove AT&T's crappy bloatware? Do I have to flash a rom to remove it or can I uninstall it a different way or something?

This is the same route id like to take, no you're scaring me, lol. I too would like to get rid of the "bloatware", I'm assuming flashing a new rom will take of this.

Upvote 0
I'm rooted, and loving it. I've tried some different ROMs, but i can't really tell one from the next! I know that i definitely want Gingerbread. So what are my options?
So far, i've seen these Gingerbread ROMS:
- RCMixHD (5.8)
- Revolution (4.0)

I wish there was a list somewhere showing what ROMS were available, and what features they have!

I like the froyo roms better. Gingerbread ones feel a little sluggish to me.

Reactions: beseidner
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones