• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROOT} Incredible...Please close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes perfect sense. He has connections with Jake because he is Jake. He also got his donations up. I believe Acid bath is the real the Jake here. Hes playing both ways, got the money scam and now is finally ending the show. I mean look no one else seems to be able to contact this Jake guy. How did he get in touch with him, hes not on forums, there seems to be multiple imposters. Lol Acid is the real Jake.

Lol...calm down...i have WinMo ROMs and people that can vouch for me.
I wasn't on the grassy knoll either and I have never seen area 51..
I was tricked and lied too, it is a crappy and horrible feeling.

Upvote 0
I thought lost was over last Sunday! This story keeps snowballing and its getting out of control, it reminds me of lost.

One thing is for sure. This ongoing drama has only got better with time, and it keeps me monitoring 3 different sites for developing info. I have to admit that it is completely enthralling, I just can't wait to see how it ends.

...and lets hope we get root soon enough.

Upvote 0
I thought lost was over last Sunday! This story keeps snowballing and its getting out of control, it reminds me of lost.

One thing is for sure. This ongoing drama has only got better with time, and it keeps me monitoring 3 different sites for developing info. I have to admit that it is completely enthralling, I just can't wait to see how it ends.

...and lets hope we get root soon enough.
It definitely has wasted the better part of my day, reading about all the BS.

Upvote 0
Honestly, please do not accuse Acid of ANYTHING until you know for sure. That is not fair to him to say he did anything shady.

IMO, at this point, we can for sure say that Jake (on any level) has lost all credibility, along with Scoob, which is sad. And the fact that all of a sudden after it was discovered to be a hoax, Scoob is now saying he has nothing to do with it is more than fishy

If what is said is true by scoob. The imposter has done a great job of killing jakes crediblity. But that doesn't mean jake is lying. It just that we are just real skeptical now. By what i saw of the comments anyone can post as jake day on his blog. the jake day on xda is not him and jake day on alldroid is not him as well. He doesn't post on xda from what i heard and alldroid he known as "jake" and is a mod.

Upvote 0
Honestly, please do not accuse Acid of ANYTHING until you know for sure. That is not fair to him to say he did anything shady.

IMO, at this point, we can for sure say that Jake (on any level) has lost all credibility, along with Scoob, which is sad. And the fact that all of a sudden after it was discovered to be a hoax, Scoob is now saying he has nothing to do with it is more than fishy

Edit: I also find it a little disturbing that Scoob is saying that Jake has now lost all interest in the Android community, AFTER getting a free Incredible?

Quite honestly I would have lost all interest as well! Have you read through all the comments on his weebsite? They are pretty rude!

Upvote 0
Why would Acid Bath say that he talked to Jake this morning, and confirm that these pictures are true?? I mean really if your so sure that you talked to this guy on Gtalk and he is a liar, then come on tell us his name. Im sure some of us at least has a gmail account. Oh wait you dont want to because thats your gmail account isnt it. Lol. I understand jut fine.

Upvote 0
If what is said is true by scoob. The imposter has done a great job of killing jakes crediblity. But that doesn't mean jake is lying. It just that we are just real skeptical now. By what i saw of the comments anyone can post as jake day on his blog. the jake day on xda is not him and jake day on alldroid is not him as well. He doesn't post on xda from what i heard and alldroid he known as "jake" and is a mod.
But no one can update the original posts on HIS blog. He made this edit: UPDATE (05/31/2010): It appears several people have been commenting on the picture of the Incredible rooted. I plan on posting further info tonight... no more comments for now.

If he didn't have root and knew that picture was fake, why not just end all the speculation and flat out say "my friend faked the picture, root is not obtained." I also believe (I may be wrong) that scoob was posting on XDA calling the doubters out, yet after it was discovered as a hoax, he was claiming that was an imposer and Jake does not have root? Honestly, I don't even know what/who to believe anymore with this topic.

Upvote 0
I also believe (I may be wrong) that scoob was posting on XDA calling the doubters out, yet after it was discovered as a hoax, he was claiming that was an imposer and Jake does not have root? Honestly, I don't even know what/who to believe anymore with this topic.

That's what I don't get, either. Unless he was talking up the real Jake Day getting root and not the imposter.

My head hurts.

And acidbath, let's not pretend this is the only time you've had problems with credibility. You made a post on xda claiming you were working on the Eris and Tattoo root efforts with jcase, which jcase himself happens to disagree with.

"For those who dont know me, I was helping (with other great Devs Jcase and Binny and Pinks and others) with the effort to root Droid Eris & HTC Tatoo and have made some of my own ROM's for WinMo and Android...."

Eris was rooted with a test ruu and the tattoo was rooted by someone else.

Upvote 0
But no one can update the original posts on HIS blog. He made this edit: UPDATE (05/31/2010): It appears several people have been commenting on the picture of the Incredible rooted. I plan on posting further info tonight... no more comments for now.

If he didn't have root and knew that picture was fake, why not just end all the speculation and flat out say "my friend faked the picture, root is not obtained." I also believe (I may be wrong) that scoob was posting on XDA calling the doubters out, yet after it was discovered as a hoax, he was claiming that was an imposer and Jake does not have root? Honestly, I don't even know what/who to believe anymore with this topic.

All my conversations were with jake@ninebysix.com on GTalk and with bootbscoob.
This morning after seeing the picture, I then messaged Jake there and asked him if I could see the method and verify it and if this was his pic.
Jake replied that he did in fact have root and that he would be posting it on his blog tonite.
I verified James GTalk address with bootbscoob and he said that its was the real jake.
So I am lost and confused and feel used and lied too.

Upvote 0
This morning after seeing the picture, I then messaged Jake there and asked him if I could see the method and verify it and if this was his pic.
Jake replied that he did in fact have root and that he would be posting it on his blog tonite.
I verified James GTalk address with bootbscoob and he said that its was the real jake.
boostd has said on XDA that Jake does NOT have root, so WTF? Is that boostd on XDA (who is claiming he is real) an imposer too? This is getting ridiculously out of hand.

Upvote 0
That's what I don't get, either. Unless he was talking up the real Jake Day getting root and not the imposter.

My head hurts.

And acidbath, let's not pretend this is the only time you've had problems with credibility. You made a post on xda claiming you were working on the Eris and Tattoo root efforts with jcase, which jcase himself happens to disagree with.

"For those who dont know me, I was helping (with other great Devs Jcase and Binny and Pinks and others) with the effort to root Droid Eris & HTC Tatoo and have made some of my own ROM's for WinMo and Android...."

Eris was rooted with a test ruu and the tattoo was rooted by someone else.

I knew u would be back Egghead to...it says helped dude...helped...do u not know what that means man..
We went through this already, and I never claimed i rooted the Eris

Upvote 0
Here's what I thought happened and boost said it was pretty much accurate:

I know all that, or thought I did, until about an hour ago. I have no idea who actually made what claim at this point.

I'm going to take a stab at what I think is the truth. NineBySix is the real Jake's blog, and the person posting as him in the comments is the real Jake Day. 'Jake' on alldroid is the real Jake Day. 'Jake Day' on XDA and Alldroid is the imposter. 'Jake Day' on IRC may or may not be the real Jake, he hasn't said anything at all about the DI root. The phone was sent to the real Jake Day. You've been talking up Jake's claims on various forums but you were talking about the real Jake Day and not the imposter.

The imposter posted a fake pic saying he'd release more information tonight which was a lie.

But the real Jake Day is still working on root and really is going to post some information tonight, but no one knows whether it's a done deal or not.

Is that roughly accurate?

Upvote 0

Jake@ninebysix.com was the ID posted in the comments on his forum. hard to say if this is real or fake because anyone can enter any name and put in a comment.

Bootbscoob is different from the name on the picture. The picture lists BoostdScoob. Possible that some person made a fake screen name just to full people and wreck the reputation of someone credible...

Acid I don't blame you. I blame the immature idiots that just want attention...

Upvote 0
Everyone needs to stop standing on a cliff about root hanging on to every rumor that comes along and jumping over the edge about lies or misinformation. People get lied to on the internet, nothing new. Stop flaming and shooting the messenger every time something goes wrong. Stop waiting to hear about every root detail and start waiting for an actual root method to be posted. Itll be here one day or another. Wasting post space about anything other than a root method or helpful info is slowing everything down.
So unless youre gonna start rooting the damn thing yourself and posting something worthwhile, sit down, stop posting flames about every "root" without a method and wait for someone to actually post real root methods.
Acid, youre doing fine man. Youre doing what you said you would do from the beginning and everyone should be kissing your feet for being one of the few that are posting updates anywhere. Everyone just needs to get out of their houses for a couple days and stop worrying about root so much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones