• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted my 2.3.3 Commando - Thanks !!!

anyone who was willing to work on this phone has left the building.

Spike, is your bootloader locked on the maxx?

motorolla? unlocking a bootloader?! HA! i wish. there are ways to bypass the bootloader and ways around rooting (i.e. flashing a kernel from a previous version, rooting, and re-flashing kernel from current setup) but as far as everything else goes, its no where near as locked as the commando but they are confident it wont be widely unlocked. As far as my theroies go, i'll give you more details tomorrow, possibly in the form of a p.m. cuz its kinda complicated and i've just gotten home from the bar.
at that note, goodnight all!

Yeah, the galaxy nexus has turned me into a total nexus fanboy. I think I'm even going to get a nexus 7

hey guys just got my commando yesterday trying to root via zergRush method, but when i get down to typing in /data/local/tmp/zergRush this is what i get please help!

[+] Found a gingerbread ! 0x00015118
[*] scooting...
[*] sending 149 zerglings...
[*] sending 189 zerglings...
[-] Hellions with BLUE FLAMES !
$

anything newer than m100 update cannot be rooted, and thats what the blue flames error means. sorry

How to? You sell your commando on craigslist, then put that money you basically scammed out of an unsuspecting customer and put it towards a galaxy nexus or razr maxx

Thanks for the clarification. I figure ill just keep it as a snowboarding phone. Swap them out on the drive to the mountain each time. Its better than my buying another ipod cause I just destroy them.

How to? You sell your commando on craigslist, then put that money you basically scammed out of an unsuspecting customer and put it towards a galaxy nexus or razr maxx

It's not a scam unless you claim it is rooted! That shtick gets old after a while....

I sold my assurian insurance replacement, never been used, for $300 through craigslist. I just went off what it was selling for new on eBay. But after the fact, I really did feel like I scammed the guy. I feel like I should've let it go for cheaper. Too late now though.

Edit: insurance replacement.

Speaking of selling, I have a rooted m080 that I'd be willing to let go.

Was the random reboots a hardware problem? Because this one has that issue.
I can return it to stock. if anyone is interested just shoot me a pm.

im confused everyone says you cant root the casio commoando 2.3.3 and ive tried your tips numerous times and i still cant figure out what im doing wrong

im confused everyone says you cant root the casio commoando 2.3.3 and ive tried your tips numerous times and i still cant figure out what im doing wrong

It's not about the Android version 2.3.3 its about the update version your phone has.
Go to Settings
Go to About Phone
Look at Build Number.
It will say C771M?? What is your numbers after M? If it is M80 you can root. If it is M100 or higher you cannot root.

None of the automated "SuperOneClick" methods worked for me.
I tried all the combinations of suggestions with the usb settings: charge only/media sync/storage/uplugging/replugging, etc.
It would always hang at step #6.

Finally I just broke down and followed the manual "Zergrush" instructions step by step.

When something failed I just started over again at the beginning.

The only kinda confusing part for me was determining when and where to use quotation marks with the commands. (I remember Dos but I'm not a linux guy sorry)

Note: I just learned what Rooting was about 48 hours ago so I'm totally new to this.

Removing all that verizon bull!@#$ felt great. It's like going to your friend's house and stripping all the preloaded crap off their new Dell.
(everyone has a friend like that, right?)

This is my first post here.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and assure everyone that 2.3.3 can definitely be rooted.

I removed almost 70 worthless apps!

Thanks!!!

please tell me what the firmware was on your commando when you did it. was it m80 or lower? or was it m100 or higher? please get back to me as i would love to root my phone as well

you root guys are nuts, I wish i had a good software at my shop! I took apart one of these things, they have like 17 layers of bullshit.

Commando was slow even when it was rootable.
Sell on ebay while you can still get over 100 and get a galaxy.

True true. But some of these guys work some pretty rough jobs and need the durability of the Gz'One. There were times I'd have to do some dirty stuff and half way through I'd realize my phone was still in my pocket. No normal phone would've survived.
If I were still in that line of work I'd hold out on getting a new phone until the Gz'One Type-L came out.

And the newest root method for the Commando was put out today. Check the all things root forum.

if you want to root your m130, go here,
http://androidforums.com/commando-all-things-root/659843-m130-rooted.html
it works, trust me.

He speaks the truth.......

Rooted_zpsb02750ce.jpg

New method mentioned above does indeed work a treat. Maybe the sticky post leading here should be updated? Though it's long in the tooth the Commando fills an important niche.

Back
Top Bottom