• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Prevail will not accept update v.14

socal777

Jun 6, 2011
I wanted to accept the update to v.14 now that I know the one click root works after the update. I already did it on my wife's Prevail. I can't get my phone to process the update though.

When the update message comes up I choose "update now". It reboots after about 10 seconds but does not update and shows I still have v. 13.

Any ideas what's going on?

Here is the bloatware I backed up with Titanium and then removed:

Layar
Live Wallpaper Finder
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Music Visualization
Hookt
SCVNGR
Twidroyd
Youtube
Poynt

I wanted to accept the update to v.14 now that I know the one click root works after the update. I already did it on my wife's Prevail. I can't get my phone to process the update though.

When the update message comes up I choose "update now". It reboots after about 10 seconds but does not update and shows I still have v. 13.

Any ideas what's going on?

Here is the bloatware I backed up with Titanium and then removed:

Layar
Live Wallpaper Finder
Magic Smoke Wallpapers
Music Visualization
Hookt
SCVNGR
Twidroyd
Youtube
Poynt
if you have changed anything on your stock setup the update reads it, well easiest way to describe it and verifies its stock signature, that is not there any more, because its not stock so it aborts.
You can still get the update, just use the shabby and interdepth version, they do the same thing I believe.

Upvote 0
Could also do a factory reset then update then root then shabbymod the phone

the problem he was having is he cant do the update

factory reset is misleading guys.. it doesnt touch the system files.. it just wipes your data.. its the same thing as going to windows and deleteing my documents wont screw up your computer just get rid of your personal crap

Reactions: borikua787
Upvote 0
No, I didn't want to wait and also figured the root subforum would be a better place for my question. I'd happily erase my initial post if I knew how to.

I didn't mean to sound like an ass that's just one of my pet peeves when it comes to forums. Anyway the best chance you have in getting the full ota update is restoring the apps you backed up/removed. I'll say this now though it likely won't work but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones