• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting challenge accepted!

Why dont you try using a root installer flashable zip in stock recovery? Yup as ridiculous as it sounds the original Warp could flash any zip/custom ROM as long as the zip is signed.

If snake gets ics running on the war will it be like a glitchy cm9? Or will everything work? Just curious
Only one way to find out lol. I hope Snake (or anybody for that matter) is successful with it because I am so tired of Gingerbread. It would be a blessing to have ICS on the Warp and I would love to test it if it gets released.

im trying to get a root working *without* the need of a custom recovery.

All i need is ext4check.sh

do this:

adb pull /system/bin/ext4check.sh and upload that and lemme c it

Thanks! :)

2 things however must be met in order for this root to work:

1) ext4check.sh musn't check the /data partition at boot time
2) google musnt have fixed the bug that this root uses.

I am going to try out the method that rooted the transformer prime, debugfs.

Long story short, you mv /data/local/tmp /data/local/tmp.back and then you ln -s /data/local/tmp /dev/block/mmcblk0p## (for the system partition). The rest is easy.

If that doesnt work, back to the drawing boards :p

edit: I would also like to know the result of "mount" to know which part is the system.

Type this: adb shell mount

and give me the results on pastebin

I also would like a system dump... I wanna have my hand in porting this to the og warp

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

if anyone can do it Snake can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol what have i gotten myself into.. XD but I'll do my best since i took it on

edit: Yeah ill need more than just the ext4check.sh file now, ill need a whole rom dump

edit 2: lol kinda depressed on this whole thing.. does anyone by any chance know of any possible exploits that might work?

wait do you have the phone downthemachine?

lol wow in that case we already have root but man... i wanna find an exploit ;/

If you do have the phone mind sharing a rom dump? :D

No, I'm staying with the warp 1 . We should do a write up on how to use adb to do a system dump. I myself want all of it, every mmcblk

The directions are on post #10

actually thats not really how you do it lol.

Tbh im not really sure if you have data that you dont want going out to anyone online without asking you to wipe the thing o.o

do you have a custom recovery installed by any chance? If so I can probably write up a script for you to run if you got cwm on it by any chance

edit: turn usb debugging on and type in adb shell mount in the command prompt and pastebin the results for now

Best to pm the information. Snake or I will strip the user data out.
Anyways
You need to have adb installed via Google sdk
You need the zte drivers installed
The from command prompt
Adb pull /system c:\temp
This will pull the system files to a temp directory
Zip the files
Pm me or snake
And thanks

I swear trying to exploit the warp had gotten me so depressed about doing this.. lol

but if im workin with someone on it ill see what i can do

sorry for the late reply guys i just got a new job and i just came back. i will mess around with my phone and computer tomorrow morning and see what i can get to you guys. also im a complete noob, whats an abd? i do not have a custom recovery

Back
Top Bottom