• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Galaxy Tab 2 7" WiFi GT-P3110

gregg1100

Android Enthusiast
Started to get together all the bits I will need to root, nandroid and rom the above device.

Looking at the best youtube vid I have seen, the person uses ODIN 3.07.
I downloaded that to desktop, opened it to run as admin. When the box came up with " do you want puter to make changes" etc, I click YES to confirm---the box disappears and is replaced by another little box with "Odin3.ini then a few Chinese type squiggles. Then shoots off altogether. Is this a bad download or is Kaspersky AV messing it up?

I got the Odin from Chainfire site
I picked up a Slim 5.02 rom- Lollipop- on puter ready to be copied to SD card---or is Lollipop a step too far for the Tab 2 ??

I also put the md5 file in the checker and it came up as unmatched- so have to see why.
If someone could tell me which ODIN version is best, I will look at that again before I do anything else.

Touch wood, my S3 is still running the Omnirom v5 4.4.4. I am very pleased with the phone- just a pity it only has 1 Gb ram
Greg

Also I opened the Slim 5.02 rom to get md5 file number- pasted that in the box,
(20155b395afdb46f000a6821fea50584) then pasted the full file in the file box and it did not match. Yet 20155b---- was in the download of Slim 5.0.2. What have I done wrong, or what is wrong, please ??
Checked with MD5 Checker Utility V2.31

Looking at the best youtube video have seen, the person uses ODIN 3.07.
I downloaded that to desktop, opened it to run as admin. When the box came up with " do you want puter to make changes" etc, I click YES to confirm---the box disappears and is replaced by another little box with "Odin3.ini then a few Chinese type squiggles. Then shoots off altogether. Is this a bad download or is Kaspersky AV messing it up?

If someone could tell me which ODIN version is best, I will look at that again before I do anything else. ??
Sorry to post questions again, but need a guide before I end up stuffing the Tab2.

Back
Top Bottom