• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions

Ventada

My phone is rooted right now, but I want to do a complete factory restore to make it like it was right out of the box and make it unrooted. I then want to reroot it from scratch and get the latest software whatever that is. My question is how do I completely do a factory restore to make my phone exactly how it was out of the box and then the best way to go about getting it rerooted and such. I also want to know if I should accept any ota updates once I factory restore it.

My phone is rooted right now, but I want to do a complete factory restore to make it like it was right out of the box and make it unrooted. I then want to reroot it from scratch and get the latest software whatever that is. My question is how do I completely do a factory restore to make my phone exactly how it was out of the box and then the best way to go about getting it rerooted and such. I also want to know if I should accept any ota updates once I factory restore it.
You need not unroot to get the updates. All you need to do is flash a rom with the updates in it. And do not accept OTA updates if rooted now. If you do unroot, accept the OTA update, it will be much more difficult to root, so I suggest flashing another rom. Such as MikG or Decks Reloaded or there are many other roms:D
See this

My phone has just been having a lot of problems with my camera and horrible battery life and I think I messed with my kernels and such and maybe lost my 4G but not sure. If I flash a new ROM will that come with its own pre-installed kernel and fix all the problems that I am currently having with my phone?

I just think I messed up things with my phone like it says that my mac address is unavailable so I think i lost 4G.

I would acoidsd unrooting if at all possible. Its just more pain than its worth and unnecessary. Download a new rom and put it in a folder on your sd card where it'll be easily found. Go into recovery, do a factory reset, install the rom and let it run for a few days. Decks reloaded is a good choice, im running it now. I am a stalwart cm7 guy and I like it :) plus the aroma installer is pretty sweet!!

If I flash a new ROM will i get my WiFi mac address back?

Probably. It will be like having a brand new phone again. And if you lost 4g then there's nothing you can do unless you have a nandroid backup that contains the wimax keys. I would flash a new rom and see where that gets you. Whatever you do, do not unroot and start taking sprint ota releases unless you're happy with a bloated stock rom. You can reroot it but like others have said it is much more difficult to root now.

and just so you know. a factory reset will not unroot you. all it is is a data wipe. it does not do anything else other then that.

and messing with kernels will not mess up your phone. kernels however do affect performance and battery life. if they are having a negative effect on your phone then just try another. also remember that with kernels it will always be YRMV and what works for you may not work for me.

Back
Top Bottom