• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S-OFF Help?

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
Every time I try to download the RUU, I get some sort of error. One time it just won't download, another time it download partially and then stops, and other times I have to keep hitting pause and restart in order to continue the download process.

Is there anyone that can offer me an alternative download link? I have tried both the .exe and the .zip files... Help me.......

You can do the S-Off process with Harmonia, it's how I did it.

So, are you saying that I do not have to use the shooter ice cream Sandwich Sprint VM Ruu? All I have to do is install Harmonia and work with that? How?

So, are you saying that I do not have to use the shooter ice cream Sandwich Sprint VM Ruu? All I have to do is install Harmonia and work with that? How?
I assume when you rooted your phone you also installed TWRP? Flash Harmonia in TWRP. Theres a guide right up top in the stickies.

4ext is fine. only plus i see in 4ext is it's ability to flash kernels, which is negated by having s-off. other than that, they're interchangable

Thank you!

Okay, now can someone give me a brief list of things to do? Since I am obviously not going to be following the official guide, due to the fact that I just now tried for the system again and it got almost all the way done and then it said source file not found... >:(

When I uninstall HTC sync, do I have to uninstall the phones drivers as well? I'm trying to take as many precautions is necessary, since I am not going to be a will to use the official manual. Anyone with help or suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Here are the steps.
1. Root phone √
2. Flash Harmonia ROM (After you S-off you can flash over any other certified rom)
3. Follow the Juopunutbear S-off guide.
4. ?????
5. Profit

If anything is unclear then just follow THIS guide 100% through.

Okay, I'm getting ready to go through with this. So basically what I have from this forum, is that I:

1. I have already rooted the phone.
2. I have 4ext installed.
3. I need to flash Harmonia ROM.
4. Do I need to relock the bootloader?
5. After all of this, I am good to go for the S OFF?

I was really busy so i couldn't do it yesterday. I will do it today when i get off work.

Afterwards, what does this accomplish?
Where can i get hboots?

it lets you drop your hboot to a lower make, also lets you flash kernels without having to smart flash in 4ext, the joupunut website has hboots you can flash as well as the turn your evo into an evo 3d has one that drops you down to 1.04 or some or the other, plus dropping your hboot lets you flash evo 3d roms and JB roms and their kernels

it lets you drop your hboot to a lower make, also lets you flash kernels without having to smart flash in 4ext, the joupunut website has hboots you can flash as well as the turn your evo into an evo 3d has one that drops you down to 1.04 or some or the other, plus dropping your hboot lets you flash evo 3d roms and JB roms and their kernels

Awesome! So the hboots can be flashed just like any ROM or mod?

Every time I try to download the RUU, I get some sort of error. One time it just won't download, another time it download partially and then stops, and other times I have to keep hitting pause and restart in order to continue the download process.

Is there anyone that can offer me an alternative download link? I have tried both the .exe and the .zip files... Help me.......

If your doing it via HTC sync, pausing and restarting works I had to do this too

They have to be updated through the bootloader!

Here's a link to my thread. All stock hboots in post 2, instructions can be found in the first post under hide tags:
http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/648902-radios-hboot-firmware-all-downloads.html

I have all the h boots on my sd card now. How exactly should I use them? Should I flash the ROM and then use the reboot into bootloader option and flash the H boots, or what? I am already s off. Does it hurt if I restore the original H in order to run a stock rom backup?

Back
Top Bottom