• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S Pen issues

Hitcha

Lurker
Currently received my Note II on Verizon, loving it so far. Only problem I've been having is that the S-Pen's button does not function as intended. When holding down the button and double taping the screen nothing happens, nor does holding the button and drawing the appropriate gestures for commands. I even tried my original Note pen and the button features worked perfectly.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Currently received my Note II on Verizon, loving it so far. Only problem I've been having is that the S-Pen's button does not function as intended. When holding down the button and double taping the screen nothing happens, nor does holding the button and drawing the appropriate gestures for commands. I even tried my original Note pen and the button features worked perfectly.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
It's probably broke. I received my note 2 for verizon yesterday and the pen was randomly selecting items in air view. I had to take my phone to verizon today and they gave me a new phone. No problems since then. My advise.....take it back or buy a new S-pen from Amazon ($40).

So I just got Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon like many of you and I noticed yesterday that when I used my S Pen it would do actions as if I was pressing it against the screen but I would only hover. Today I used it more to try the S Note and when I would draw it would go on on its own while I only hovered. Any one else have this issue? Do you think it's the phone itself or the actual S Pen?

Tap the pen a few times on a hard surface.... Go 'head..... tap it..... You won't break it. Now try it and report back.

Alright so I did as you said and it still does the same thing except this time it takes longer for it to act that way. I tried dropping it on a table too and nothing.

Alright so I did as you said and it still does the same thing except this time it takes longer for it to act that way. I tried dropping it on a table too and nothing.

Cool name!!!!!!! It just hit me what it says.Usually when the pen is erratic the button is slightly stuck in but you can't see it. Few post around here where beating the dickens out of it worked. I'll keep my eye posted on anything I come across that may help you.

Haha thanks. Yours is cool too although I'm not 100% sure if it's Alex or Lex hehe. Well I think that might be the problem because at one point it felt as if the tip got stuck and I shook the pen and it popped out. Thanks for your help. I might just stop by Verizon tomorrow and get a replacement S Pen. I hope I dont have to exchange the whole phone because I have no idea how to back up my phone, apart from my contacts on my gmail.

In the meantime I'll just keep flicking the pen and stuff. I just hope it'll actually fix it and not make it worse :(

I don't think it'll make it worse. Mine still works and got caught on fire....(not a cute story). Waiting for my replacement as I type.
Personally, I'd just keep tapping unless it's so bad it's useless. Considering Verizon (I think I saw you're on V) just got them, they may not have extra s-pens just laying around.

My only other thought would be to factory reset it. MyBackup is great app for backing up and if you do decide to reset you'll be back in the game in a few min.

So I just got Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon like many of you and I noticed yesterday that when I used my S Pen it would do actions as if I was pressing it against the screen but I would only hover. Today I used it more to try the S Note and when I would draw it would go on on its own while I only hovered. Any one else have this issue? Do you think it's the phone itself or the actual S Pen?
I was not sure. My pen did it mostly on the edges. Not so much the middle. Just to ease my mind I just returned the phone. That is my advise. Yes, it is a pain but since I did thay I have had zero issues.

Seems to be an S-pen issue, not so much of a phone issue. I dont think they have replacement S-pens yet, so they will probably haver to give you an entirely new phone.

you can get the s-pen with the eraser for under $20usd from the samsung site. just go to the thread here on gn2 master list / accessories and look for the 50% off promo code. UPDATE: this is the link to the promo code via android police ([Deal Alert] Save A Massive 50% On All Samsung Mobile US Accessories (Including Note II) With This Coupon Code)

What do you mean eraser?
by the way why has Asphalt 7 decided to stick itself on my s pen busy page leaving an icon that cannot be edited or removed?

What do you mean eraser?
by the way why has Asphalt 7 decided to stick itself on my s pen busy page leaving an icon that cannot be edited or removed?
the s-pen with eraser allows you to flip the pen around just as you would with your trusty #2 pencil to quickly erase whatever you have written. originally the samsung literature on this pen stated it fit within the note 2 as the stock s-pen does. they have now realized the s-pen with eraser does not fit inside the note 2 and have revised the item description accordingly. (S Pen W/ Eraser (8PI), Black)

I don't think it'll make it worse. Mine still works and got caught on fire....(not a cute story). Waiting for my replacement as I type.
Personally, I'd just keep tapping unless it's so bad it's useless. Considering Verizon (I think I saw you're on V) just got them, they may not have extra s-pens just laying around.

My only other thought would be to factory reset it. MyBackup is great app for backing up and if you do decide to reset you'll be back in the game in a few min.

Well you were right and I had to replace the whole phone, but it was no big deal. I didn't get a chance to back it up but I already had many things on my sd card anyway. This S Pen is working great :)

Well you were right and I had to replace the whole phone, but it was no big deal. I didn't get a chance to back it up but I already had many things on my sd card anyway. This S Pen is working great :)
Good job. I know it was a pain but I had to do the same thing. Don't regret it at all. I really like the s pen more than I thought. I definitely use it more than I thought I would. I use it for games and browsing the Web. Pretty cool for swipe too.

I'm trying to preview my email with the same pen and it doesn't work. It works when I'm in my gallery but nothing else.. Has anyone else got theirs to work or is this one of the features that will work once we get the 4.1.2 update? Thanks

Hey everyone when I take the pen out the pen sign doesnt show up and it doesnt come up with the s pen part now

Does anyone know why?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom