• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I personally also think that this is their plan (assuming that sales for the GS7edge don't drop rock bottom) - during September/October, they will come out with the Note 6 and the GS7edge+ with both of them sporting a 6 inch screen. I really think Samsung is trying to pair these phones together. The "smaller" GS7 and edge now, and the larger Note6 and GS7edge+ later. It gives you the option of a bigger screen without a stylus when the Note6 comes out.

Edit: I think the larger phones are going to have the BRITECELL camera as well as touch pressure sensitive screens. Just my opinion.

Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
What I meant was, now the S7 Edge is screen 5.5" and Note 6 will be 5.7- 5.8 ish, there will not really be any need for another large screened S7 +. If I didn't hanker after a Note 6, then the S7 Edge would be perfectly ok for me.
The S7 Edge looks and seems brilliant in real life---played with one in local Carphone Warehouse.

Upvote 0
What I meant was, now the S7 Edge is screen 5.5" and Note 6 will be 5.7- 5.8 ish, there will not really be any need for another large screened S7 +. If I didn't hanker after a Note 6, then the S7 Edge would be perfectly ok for me.
The S7 Edge looks and seems brilliant in real life---played with one in local Carphone Warehouse.
I have also read about note 6 having a 6 inch screen. I have no interest in a bigger phone than current note. I wish I knew for sure. If I have to choose between 5.5 and 6 I would take 5.5 inches.

Upvote 0
.5 inches or .2 inches is not really that much smaller than the 6 inch... I may go ahead and get the S7 Edge when it comes out. I want to try it out first and compare it to my Note 4 first. No stylus is not a deal breaker as I don't use mine much anyways. I find the fine point stock stylus leaves marks on the screen that I have to clean off every time, so I end up using a separate softer stylus most of the time as I really hate any kind of marks, fingerprints on my screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones