• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sandisk microsdxc 64GB: not working with MIUI, working with stock ROMs

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
The Sandisk microsdxc 64Gb card was confirmed as working with the Galaxy S2:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...micro-sdxc-cards-confirmed-working-sgsii.html

Unfortunately, I tested it with MIUI and it didn't work. Specifically, I tested it with MIUI 2.3.9 (based on Gingerbread, not ICS) downaloaded from MIUIAndroid - Redefining Android. When I tried to format the sd card with the phone, the phone ended up formatting the internal storage! I also tried formatting the card as FAT32 from the computer, but to no avail.

I then installed this version of the stock (rooted) ICS rom:
[ROM][CWM][XXLPQ][ICS][4.0.3] Odexed & Deodexed Stock Roms - xda-developers

and the 64gb card worked perfectly. I also managed to reformat it from the phone without affecting the internal storage.

Does anyone know:
* if this is a Cyanogen problem or only a MIUI problem?
* if the new MIUI 2.3.16, based on ICS, supports 64gb cards?

The Sandisk microsdxc 64Gb card was confirmed as working with the Galaxy S2:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...micro-sdxc-cards-confirmed-working-sgsii.html

Unfortunately, I tested it with MIUI and it didn't work. Specifically, I tested it with MIUI 2.3.9 (based on Gingerbread, not ICS) downaloaded from MIUIAndroid - Redefining Android. When I tried to format the sd card with the phone, the phone ended up formatting the internal storage! I also tried formatting the card as FAT32 from the computer, but to no avail.

I then installed this version of the stock (rooted) ICS rom:
[ROM][CWM][XXLPQ][ICS][4.0.3] Odexed & Deodexed Stock Roms - xda-developers

and the 64gb card worked perfectly. I also managed to reformat it from the phone without affecting the internal storage.

Does anyone know:
* if this is a Cyanogen problem or only a MIUI problem?
* if the new MIUI 2.3.16, based on ICS, supports 64gb cards?

I was using wananlite deodexed stock xwlpg with siyah 3.3.1 kernel, ended my card was can't access by PC and SGS2. On my phone it prompted blank and no option to format to fat32. Please advice.

It was working now. Inserted the card into phone and it will prompted an error in the status bar. Drop down the status bar and touched the SD card icon. It will shown wrong fromat. Followed the instruction to format it. Erasing......and Viola I have 59.36GB. Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones