• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Script

Did this help you?

• Nope, not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
U sure bout your no frequency change?

The script will basically say it did nothing. I use system monitor, and it would spike my resources, than run at 200mhz when I checked. It also shows iirc 1% for cores 1 & 2, 0% for cores 3 & 4.

Earlier in the thread it shows that. Also try rebooting. I don't think u need to but I don't remember. Just keep in mind the script mngr will say access denied, and a whole bunch of things it was unable to do, it won't say it completed anything.
I'm pretty savvy with this stuff so I'm sure I did it right but still no change I put in system/etc with permission to rw r r than tried without setting perms at all still nothing I don't know what the deal is

Upvote 0
U sure bout your no frequency change?

The script will basically say it did nothing. I use system monitor, and it would spike my resources, than run at 200mhz when I checked. It also shows iirc 1% for cores 1 & 2, 0% for cores 3 & 4.

Earlier in the thread it shows that. Also try rebooting. I don't think u need to but I don't remember. Just keep in mind the script mngr will say access denied, and a whole bunch of things it was unable to do, it won't say it completed anything.
All I see in your photo is all cores still running at 1 GHz the only proff I see it actually working i s @Bichofelix

Upvote 0
All I see in your photo is all cores still running at 1 GHz the only proff I see it actually working i s @Bichofelix
You still need more proof it works?
One picture is what you need to setup with Script Manager (NOT SYSTEM/ETC, DOESNT WORK!) Another is proof where the cores sit at when active and finally the error you'll get, but can ignore...
Do it right and you'll actually see the results

@Bichofelix , would like to mention you should SERIOUSLY turn down the entropy, or else it does tend to hover around 1024mhz. I use either 128/256 or 64/128

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-13-11-15-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-13-11-15-13.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_2015-08-13-11-16-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-13-11-16-35.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2015-08-13-11-22-13.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-13-11-22-13.png
    75 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its because when you take a screenshot hotplug(cpuboost) kicks in and maxes cores. Its hard to take one running at 200mhz because if you can, its lagging and that's bad.

Updated OP to reflect changes. Added sdtweaks.
Added scheduler tweaks.
Removed errors for cm.
Script also works as init.d named something like 99thing but init.d support in our device is nonexistent.

Upvote 0
Its because when you take a screenshot hotplug(cpuboost) kicks in and maxes cores. Its hard to take one running at 200mhz because if you can, its lagging and that's bad.

Updated OP to reflect changes. Added sdtweaks.
Added scheduler tweaks.
Removed errors for cm.
Script also works as init.d named something like 99thing but init.d support in our device is nonexistent.
Init.d works. I use NitroX performance zip and all of its mods require init.d to stick. No problems there

Upvote 0
You still need more proof it works?
One picture is what you need to setup with Script Manager (NOT SYSTEM/ETC, DOESNT WORK!) Another is proof where the cores sit at when active and finally the error you'll get, but can ignore...
Do it right and you'll actually see the results

@Bichofelix , would like to mention you should SERIOUSLY turn down the entropy, or else it does tend to hover around 1024mhz. I use either 128/256 or 64/128
Ahh I see the problem this was downloading as .text file I thought they were supposed to be sh files so I changed the extension to sh but the name is totally different how did you download normally or with drive? Sorry for being rude BTW I was just really lost thought I was going crazy lol

Upvote 0
Idk, I tried and nothing worked. Not even the init.d scripts that came with the ROM work. I tried simply executing 90userinit in init.d and nothing. I thought maybe it was selinuxcontexts but.. Idk.
I just use univ. Init.d support and I got it to work using sound explosion and was dabbling in some tweak scripts yesterday in smanager

Upvote 0
It didn't on both downloads downloaded first as a .txt then the new release a .bin I seen the new release was called 8916cm.sh so I just renamed it
Fresh install of latest released build (7/14)
Installed the app you were on about.
Downloaded script.

I forgot Google drive screws with file names when people download them.
Fixing now.

Checked for init.d support and...
Screenshot_2015-08-13-12-35-18.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fresh install of latest released build (7/14)
Installed the app you were on about.
Downloaded script.

I forgot Google drive screws with file names when people download them.
Fixing now.

Checked for init.d support and...
View attachment 92274
I understand it doesn't have init.d but if you flip the switch for that app the tweaksshould work they do for me

Upvote 0
Hmm...

I am still using the original release but I've noticed I have to run the script every boot or it deactivates itself. Deff a noticeable difference too, from sluggish to max speed instantly.

I did have a cpu/ram app installed that I thought was the cause but I have uninstalled it. Did the original need to new run every boot? Many that app is still modifying my files on boot. Imma try the new fully when I get home tonight see of that makes a difference.

Running the script on boot ain't the end of the world, this script is amazing.

Upvote 0
Hmm...

I am still using the original release but I've noticed I have to run the script every boot or it deactivates itself. Deff a noticeable difference too, from sluggish to max speed instantly.

I did have a cpu/ram app installed that I thought was the cause but I have uninstalled it. Did the original need to new run every boot? Many that app is still modifying my files on boot. Imma try the new fully when I get home tonight see of that makes a difference.

Running the script on boot ain't the end of the world, this script is amazing.
Unfortunately, you do have to run it on boot. I added init.d support but kernel doesn't support it. If you are impatient you can execute immediately. If you have a lot of apps that start on boot you will have to wait a considerable amount of time for smanager or universal init.d to start on boot and execute the script automatically. I suggest using es task manager and removing all unneeded userapps (besides the executing app). This will speed up the auto-run process.
Alternatively you can use the smanager widget on your desktop to run the script at will.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, you do have to run it on boot. I added init.d support but kernel doesn't support it. If you are impatient you can execute immediately. If you have a lot of apps that start on boot you will have to wait a considerable amount of time for smanager or universal init.d to start on boot and execute the script automatically. I suggest using es task manager and removing all unneeded userapps (besides the executing app). This will speed up the auto-run process.
Alternatively you can use the smanager widget on your desktop to run the script at will.

That's fine, just wanted to make sure I didnt muck something up. Thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0
The script is working as it should but is there anyway you can over clock it a little more.
Also I'm not sure what you have it set for screen off but is there a way to not have any screen off profile?
I only ask cause it takes a minute for the phone to work right after I go to use it.
Other then that it's working better especially the battery life.

Upvote 0
The script is working as it should but is there anyway you can over clock it a little more.
Also I'm not sure what you have it set for screen off but is there a way to not have any screen off profile?
I only ask cause it takes a minute for the phone to work right after I go to use it.
Other then that it's working better especially the battery life.

Idk what you mean. The phone deepsleeps then cpuboosts on button press (e.g. screen on.)
Your problem doesn't lie with this script which, btw only changes gov settings on how it ramps and read ahead for internal/external.

Reactions: linsalata28
Upvote 0
Idk what you mean. The phone deepsleeps then cpuboosts on button press (e.g. screen on.)
Your problem doesn't lie with this script which, btw only changes gov settings on how it ramps and read ahead for internal/external.
I know what you mean but for me at least it's taking to long to come out of deep sleep. Is there any way you can make another script with less deep sleep and a little more over clocked while screen is on. Like 1152MHz Max and 400MHz min? And maybe 400MHz min and 533MHz Max for screen off. That would be awesome.

Upvote 0
I know what you mean but for me at least it's taking to long to come out of deep sleep. Is there any way you can make another script with less deep sleep and a little more over clocked while screen is on. Like 1152MHz Max and 400MHz min? And maybe 400MHz min and 533MHz Max for screen off. That would be awesome.
What you're asking for would require a custom kernel with specific governor/hotplug settings.

Reactions: linsalata28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones