• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Script

Did this help you?

• Nope, not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interestingly, i figured i could underclock it to 200mhz after setting selinux to permissive (Viper4android). But Great Script anyway, i really needed zram (Lots of multitasking on the job, so the more free memory at app changes, the better).Thanks for the script.
Yeah but why underclock when it'll drop to 200 when under 40% load?
Also you don't have to disable selinux to get v4a to work, I posted a thread in root section with a zip to flash to inject v4a into selinux permissions.

Reactions: razor225
Upvote 0
Interestingly, i figured i could underclock it to 200mhz after setting selinux to permissive (Viper4android). But Great Script anyway, i really needed zram (Lots of multitasking on the job, so the more free memory at app changes, the better).Thanks for the script.
You can also give yourself more zram at the cost of storage.
Type (desired size in kb)*1024*1024 in calc and input that value in my script.
So 1gb zram would be 1024*1024*1024 ="1073741824." Take that value and replace the value I have set for zram disksize. Script is parsed and easily understandable as I left comments.

Upvote 0
Yeah but why underclock when it'll drop to 200 when under 40% load?
Also you don't have to disable selinux to get v4a to work, I posted a thread in root section with a zip to flash to inject v4a into selinux permissions.
I underclocked to 200mhz instead of 800mhz at minimum.Just made a mistake in describing what i did.:p
You can also give yourself more zram at the cost of storage.
Type (desired size in kb)*1024*1024 in calc and input that value in my script.
So 1gb zram would be 1024*1024*1024 ="1073741824." Take that value and replace the value I have set for zram disksize. Script is parsed and easily understandable as I left comments.
Thanks, i will try this.Going to test the changes then let you know.

Upvote 0
About Viper4Android, i began changing selinux to permissive before knowing a section dedicated to lg leon even existed.(when i bought it,haha).
Well,changing the script was fairly simple,i saw a minor boost on multitasking.Not something to be amazed for, but it helped intense programs a bit.Thanks for the information about editing the script.

Upvote 0
About Viper4Android, i began changing selinux to permissive before knowing a section dedicated to lg leon even existed.(when i bought it,haha).
Well,changing the script was fairly simple,i saw a minor boost on multitasking.Not something to be amazed for, but it helped intense programs a bit.Thanks for the information about editing the script.
Yeah I mean it's basically a swap partition located on internal so it doesn't have r/w caps. It really does only make it slightly better. The difference is you can cache more apps. Should be able to cache about 15 now whereas you could only cache like 6 before.
But the gstylo will cache all 23 allowable apps since it has 2g ram and plus the zram of 1g

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones