• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card can't be read or written by some apps

ElTodoFull

Lurker
Mar 31, 2017
I've just rooted my phone as The Galaxy J5 has way less memory than what is marketed.
It's not my first time. i've rooted the Original galaxy ace, an LG Optimus L7 and a Moto G 2013.
And i haven't got any problems except with this Galaxy J5.
As expected, i wanted more memory so i took my 16 gb SDHC class 10 card and i partitioned it with 10 gb for media and 4 for the apps2sd. Both partitions are primary; the media one is FAT32 and the other is Ext2.

Now for some reason. What is the SDCard itself, is in storage/D9EA-39B0. and that for me is odd
The galery of samsung and Play Music can't read the files, but QuickPic can read the Pictures.
also, selecting either storage or sd card in the camera it will just appear to save it in the phone.
The photos I take with device storage are saved in storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera While photos taken with Memory card save are saved in /storage/D9EA-39BO/DCIM/Camera.

But what is even more weird is that the gallery only shows 2 pictures while i have 4 in that folder. as well as the galery is not showing the little card icon in the lower corner as it used to do.

I also tried to use openCamera for the photos but when i tried to save them in the storage/D9EA-39B0/DCIM directory it just told me that it couldn't write there. It doesn't even let me create a new folder!

I also used link2sd to see storage info and i found that intern(/data) is almost the same as Sd card(/sdcard). External SD is in /mnt/media_rw/D9EA-39B0, It's just showing grey and no more info than the directory.
It shows me the 2nd partition(/data/sdext2). the rest are system and cache.

How can I use my SD card like normal but with the partition for link2sd?
Thanks a lot in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones