• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sd card help...

Prally a dumb question I have a ally phone and wanna get a bigger sd card. The phone is rooted and I have things on that card. What do I have to do when I change cards so everything stays the same? Any help would be cool. Email me frozenberg25@gmail.com
 
I usually just leave the card in the phone and connect it to my computer is mass storage mode. Go to the card and copy (not cut, just in case) all the folders to your computer. Disconnect the phone from the computer and take the old card out and put the new one in and reconnect the phone to your computer in mass storage mode. Navigate to the card and copy (not cut) all of your folders back.

I've done it several times with all my music/photos/videos for myself and friends.
 
If you make a backup of the phone, such as with ClockworkMod Recovery, it can be used to "restore" the phone to a freshly formatted SD card. I just had to do that when my SD card became corrupt. After formatting the card with ClockworkMod Recovery, I hooked the phone up to a Linux PC and copied all my files I had burned to a disc back to the card. That also copied back the backups I had made with Clockwork. Then I booted ClockworkMod Recovery and restored one of the backups. I presume Titanium Backup would also do the same things.

So I would think you could also do it to a new SD card, once it is formatted for the rooted environment (an EXT partition of 512MB on the card). I'll find out Wednesday, when my new, larger, card gets here and I have to try this procedure again.

Zoandroid
 
If you make a backup of the phone, such as with ClockworkMod Recovery, it can be used to "restore" the phone to a freshly formatted SD card. I just had to do that when my SD card became corrupt. After formatting the card with ClockworkMod Recovery, I hooked the phone up to a Linux PC and copied all my files I had burned to a disc back to the card. That also copied back the backups I had made with Clockwork. Then I booted ClockworkMod Recovery and restored one of the backups. I presume Titanium Backup would also do the same things.

So I would think you could also do it to a new SD card, once it is formatted for the rooted environment (an EXT partition of 512MB on the card). I'll find out Wednesday, when my new, larger, card gets here and I have to try this procedure again.

Zoandroid
he can do what ekyle said. and a nandroid backup wont backup what is on the sdcard.
 
That's why I mentioned having copied all my files which I had previously copied from the SD card to my PC, back from the PC to the card. What the Nandroid backup doesn't restore would be restored by copying those other files too.

Zoandroid
 
Back
Top Bottom