• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SE Product Blog Announces 2.1 from End Oct

With regards to the call quality and earpeace volume on the Xperia, I do not believe this is due to the carrier, as my new HTC is perfect and i've had no complaints, and touch wood, no dropped calls yet, and can hear everyone perfectly. Unfortunaltely the screen is not quite as nice, is smaller, and the battery dies twice as fast when i'm battering the phone on the internet lol.

I agree SE should perfect the update before it's released, but the basic useability of the phone, such as call volume and smart dial, as well as the quality of the calls being top notch should of been sorted a long time ago.

I will miss the X10 because it's brilliant but I "personally" cannot use it as a phone, and need to, so I have had to swap. Waiting till November or December for Orange to release an update, which SE told me in an email, may not even improve the call quality and volume, is unacceptable.

I have to say, everyone on here is really adult and friendly, even though I now have a HTC lol! Hope some day, when this whole Xperia problem is history, that I can get an SE phone again.

Cheers!

Biff.

Upvote 0
Glad you are happy with the HTC. I personally find the reception and call quality excellent on the X10. I came from the BB9700 which is well known for that so I had set a high standard. Infact the speaker phone on the X10 is way better than my last two devices.

The volume is not as high as it coul,d be, I have sensitive ears and this is actually good for me. :D

Sorry if I sound like a *fan girl* ;)

Upvote 0
Can I just say that it is a pleasure to be a phone guide on this Forum. You guys have taken the bad news like adults, yes we are all dissappointed no denying that, but none of you have spat your dummy out and had an absolutely pointless toddler tantrum like I have seen on the two other forums I go on. Yes SE suck but I still hold with the fact that I'd rather they send out a solid update than a buggy as hell one and generally none of the 2.1 changes are going to make a huge difference to my usage of the phone.

It has really appalled me the behaviour of supposedly intelligent adults on some of those Forum threads and really bought home to me what a good bunch of folk we have here. So cheers ladies and gents, I was dreading a day of rants and abuse - I needn't have worried.

I agree 100%

I think it's worth the wait to get the best out of it. I don't mind waiting as long as I have the HD video by December for the birth of my child :)

Also I believe that if people continue to rant, then SE may decide not to release 2.2, although doing that could also cause even bigger rants.

Anyhow I don't mind waiting as long as they do release it in October so T-Mobile can release it before December as promised :)

Upvote 0
I thought this next update was supposed to be to 2.1, and will be in around the time of Christmas. Then 2.2 was supposed to be the update after.

edit:
I see now after reading more thoroughly 2.1 was the second in line delayed update...But what were they going to call the update they were planning for end of Q3? 2.0?

You obviously didn't read close enough - 2.1 was the Q3 update that has been delayed - just with the phased roll out some users are expecting this to take up to 2011

the update that was due for xmas that has now been delayed forcefully was 2.1x - in other words an update of android 2.1 with timescape and mediascape updates

although how you can update crap with crap i don't know

maybe, just maybe the Desire HD will be in my pockets by November - those of you who have thoughts on that feel free to voice your opinions

X10 - ADW Launcher - HTC Weather Widget - Bunch of crap on ROM that i want rid of - moxier, google mail etc etc etc etc

Upvote 0
That is somewhat of an issue for me. How does HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Dell, Acer move to transitioning to Froyo while we wait for half of 2.1...another month, then wait 3 months for the rest of 2.1.

I bought this phone with a press release of 2.2 in 2010. Granted, it's a good phone and works well, but when every company out there is moving forward without many issues, why is SE's feet so cemented? Timescape and Mediascape are hardly ground breaking.

Upvote 0
I like a lot of people got the x10 because SE promised so much, and like politicians delivered so little. I thought it was a class phone at first with so much potential, but SE seems to now want to forget about it just release the next big thing.
I want the enhancements i was promised so i can go through the day without desire owners giving me grief.
Oh and one last thing. The x8 is coming out with 16m colours, kick in the teeth really concidering SE doesn`t seem to have any plans to update the x10 to 16m.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones