• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Review Update2! New Revision - Rubberized Interior

I don't have this issue with either of my Seidio cases. That said, I'm also adding back/body coverage from Bodyguardz like I have for all my electronic devices. I probably would never have even checked for scratches (have none with 2 four-foot drops with Seidio case on) because I tend to leave cases on permanently, especially once I get the Bodyguardz back/body protection installed.

Never had any looseness or squeakiness with the black or pink cases - hope it works out for others.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I requested a replacement case for my PT case purchased at Best Buy on day 1. Since my case was also squeaking and loose at the bottom and top corners, I really needed a new case.

They sent me a new Seidio branded Inno II case. I noticed that the inside of the new case is made of a silicone material where as the old PT case was made of the hard plastic material covered with the felt. The silicone in the new Seidio case is much better than the old PT case. The new case also fits much better and there are no squeeks or loose ends on the case.

We'll have to see how this new case holds up.

I'd love to see some pictures of this new case. Very curious about the inside if it is indeed a innocase II. I'm on my 3rd and still unhappy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Whoa, this really sucks. I just checked my phone and I have scratching near the volume buttons. This is likely due to the loose fit because I can hear the creaking and feel the phone move within the case.

What's even worse is there is what looks like a chip near the power button. It can be felt by running my finger/nail over it. After checking into it, I know what caused it...there is a parting line in the mold in that area. It is either a rough fit between molds on the inside lip near the power button, or a bunch of flash (excess material) coming out, I can't tell...but whatever it is that rough seam at the top of the case has dug into my plastic on the phone and created a deep scratch. Really uncool.

I have a replacement on the way that was requested last week. This case should have NEVER been released with hard plastic touching the phone. Ever. Either felt should have lined the entire inside, or silicone, or have it flocked, something. Especially on a shiny surface like the Evo has. I just trused they knew what they were doing and had done testing but apparently not. I'm pretty annoyed, although I already dropped the phone onto concrete and the phone was saved and theres not a mark on the case so it helped there and I suppose I can see that as a tradeoff, it's annoying that the case itself damages the phone more than it would be if I just kept it in my pocket...

Upvote 0
Hello All,

We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the problems a few of you are having. There are two issues we've seen posted here and would like to address both. First of all, for those of you experiencing a loose fit, we did make some minor adjustments to alleviate this issue. As to scratching the device with the case, we've been unable to duplicate this problem internally. As a precaution we have decided to add our rubberized coating to the inside of the case for an extra layer of protection. Anyone with either of these issues can contact us and we'll be more than happy to get you taken care of.

Regards,

Upvote 0
Hello All,

We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the problems a few of you are having. There are two issues we've seen posted here and would like to address both. First of all, for those of you experiencing a loose fit, we did make some minor adjustments to alleviate this issue. As to scratching the device with the case, we've been unable to duplicate this problem internally. As a precaution we have decided to add our rubberized coating to the inside of the case for an extra layer of protection. Anyone with either of these issues can contact us and we'll be more than happy to get you taken care of.

Regards,
I'm glad that you came through for us. Now are you saying your willing to replace all cases that have these problems with the new rubberized version? How will we go about doing this? And, are those rubberized cases already ready for shipping?

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Regards,
I think the people who have scratched up phones deserve more than just a replacement case. I think you guys should step up to plate and offer something a little better than the case that we had that scratched the hell out of our phones. Like maybe one of your upgraded cases? Just an idea that would make things right by you. Why would I want another one of the same cases that scratched up my phone in the first place? Granted you've "rubberized" it but I don't think that's good enough.

Like I said I bought the case to protect my phone but instead the case ended up scratching my phone. I've had my Evo for just over two weeks and because OF YOUR CASES IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S A FEW MONTHS OLD NOW!!! Which is entirely unacceptable in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Regards,

E-mail sent, thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0
I have a replacement coming that I hope fits better because my top half now is a bit loose, but I hate to break it to everyone the one I have now is the full soft body shell and I have a tiny bit of damage starting on the top left, which I'm 110% sure was caused by the loose part. Well, hopefully the new case is a better fit because if it is I'm going to line with felt and just not worry anymore.

Upvote 0
count me as another unsatisfied seidio innocase owner with a 2 week old evo showing scratches and rub marks. i own 2 of the best buy platinum variant that is manufactured by seidio. they are both loose fitting. i emailed seidio about this over a week ago but never heard back. horrible customer service for an overpriced, defective product. seidio should be actively recalling these cases.

of course seidio is going to say they haven't been able to reproduce the issue. if they admitted that their cases were damaging 1000's of new $500 phones, they'd be on the hook for replacing/repairing each and every one.

it probably goes without saying but i am fed up and will be returning these cases to best buy. i bought a $5 rubberized hard case off ebay that fits better and is lower profile. try searching "red rubberized evo" on ebay to see what i'm talking about.

Upvote 0
I ordered mine directly from seidio and within 2 days before even seeing this thread had emailed them regarding the shotty build quality compared to other products I have used of theirs in the past.

I just keep mine in my pocket and sure it protects the outside of the phone but now on mine after only a week of use the top portion if I hold it wrong with barely any pressure on it will separate the top and bottom half. It won't even stay together and I paid $35 after shipping.

I semi politely asked them to take a que from incase and their slider design as well as fixing this issue with flex and wiggle and how poorly these fit.

I received a reply back stating they needed to speak to me in person as my concerns would be better handled over the phone as opposed to email. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

I did also mention how many people here as well as other forums have been reading about issues similar to mine and also arent happy.

Thing is my blackberry curve and Treo 700wx cases were awesome and a buddys Hero case all Seidio were great. WTF seidio.

Upvote 0
yea who do we contact to get a replacement i hda mine on 2 days and it messed my phone up and when you contact seidio live chat they give you a hard time i got mine off ebay and they say i have to get it from them to get a replacement if they make it so hard let just get all of out pictures together and file complains with the bbb

Upvote 0
My replacement definitely has the soft touch coating (what you guys are calling the rubberized stuff) inside the case as well as outside. With my original the inside had not been sprayed with soft touch and was hard. The addition of the spray inside helps the fit be snug now. It no longer moves about or creaks or squeezes...hopefully this will solve the issues.

I am disappointed that the case did scuff up my evo, but I suppose it did keep it from being totally screwed when I dropped it on concrete so I can't complain TOO much as I'd rather have this than a soft silicone case from Sprint. However, I think it was a big mistake to let these out with no soft touch on the inside. Too bad my worst Seidio case (the previous ones were great) happens to be on the best phone I've ever had!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones