• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Set cpu question htc evo 4g

also can you change the wording for your setting so setcpu got little confuse

no exactly sure what you are asking here. the settings are what they are. there is no way to word it differently.

for me with setcpu, i set my governor to either smartass v2 or interactive x, then i will set my min and max cpu scaling (under and overclocking), and that is it. i do not mess with any profiles or other settings. having too many profile can be counterproductive and waste battery more then it will save it.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Okay I set the max to 400 something and min 128 is that unclocking and do i check set boot

every phone is different as to how far you can overclock. for me i can go up to 1125 (i think that is right. i can't remember at the moment), but for others this might be to high and your phone might get unstable. so to make sure i would uncheck the set on boot box until you know that your phone is stable. once you know that it is then you can check the box. so be careful when overclocking.

as far as underclocking the phone 128 is what i use.

Upvote 0
I would leave you min at 245 mhz. Leave your max at stock 998 or even as low as 768. Since you said you wanted to save battery, do not bother with overclocking. You will burn through battery more quickly by overclocking the CPU.

And I would set the governor to Smartass or SmartassV2 if you want to save battery. No screen off profiles or anything. The smartass governors (or anything with an X at the end) will automatically clock your CPU speed to the minimum with the screen off. I know Rxpert does a screen off profile with those governors, but they're really not needed. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones