• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M] OUDHS Recovery 1.0.3.3 & Root

Clockwork mod...is What I believe he is trying to say...

Ah! 'Duh!' lol
(wow... now I REALLY feel like a Rocket Surgeon :rolleyes:)

Yes, TWRP will replace CWM (to the best of my knowledge)
I think the first version I installed was 2.4.1, and it overwrote CWM on mine.
The newer one's probably do too... Shabby would be the one to ask about that.

Hi!

I could use a little help.

I think I flashed in CWM. Odin said passed. But, when I boot into recovery mode, I think I'm booting in the stock recovery. It says Android system recovery <3e>, and it does not indicate an option to install zip from SD card.

Any suggestions what may be wrong?

Thanks!

Andrei

unclick auto-reboot from odin, when odin is done writing recovery.img and it says pass, unplug your phone pull the battery out to power off. when you have it all put back together press the keys to get into recovery :)

Thank you very much Shabby. I think I am rooted. I think in my case it was important to transfer SuperSU-v1.25+ to my S3 before using Odin to flash in CWM, and then to boot into recovery mode right after the battery pull, without an intervening regular boot. But, maybe it was some other variable(s).

Thanks for this guide it took me about 30 mins or so to root my phone mostly because I wasn't understanding the directions but this guide is greatly appreciated.

yes usb debugging is on...but something i noticed is with recovery it doesnt say install zip from sd card it says apply update from sd card...does that matter?

actually i just figured it out my recovery didnt install and i was in normal android recovery but i fixed it and nw im rooted! thanks for trying to help

yes usb debugging is on...but something i noticed is with recovery it doesnt say install zip from sd card it says apply update from sd card...does that matter?

Your best bet is to download ROM manager from play store and select menu and install recovery. It'll install twrp recovery which is the new touch based recovery.

shaby im trying to go into recovery and trying to put the supersu but it keeps saying "E:signature verification failed"? please help thank u in advance

Back
Top Bottom