• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shipping notification....

I was going to pre-order via phone yesturday but time got away from me. DOHHHH!!! Remember I said something about a soft release back on page 400 and something? At any rate tried via the 800 # and was told need to do it on line and then tried the *611 number and acted polietly confused when told I needed to do it on line. He supposedly checked with his supervisor who reported that the system just won't let them take any more phone orders right now for the incredible. I suspect things will change later this week....atleast hopeing they change.

I preordered mine online on Monday morning (early)-When I track my status it says:

Order Status: Your order is awaiting approval or phone availability. Please check back in a few days.

Is this bad, or are other people getting this?

I preordered mine online on Monday morning (early)-When I track my status it says:

Order Status: Your order is awaiting approval or phone availability. Please check back in a few days.

No thats what I'm getting any everyone else that pre ordered it online

It says that to everyone. It will change when they ship your device on the 28th.

I am going to take a wild stab in the dark here - and this is a stab in the dark because I do not and never have worked in a call center, but I am going to assume that each time you call in and give them your name, number and billing information, it is logged in their system. Additionally, the CSR most likely has the option to note the account of the conversation he/she had with you, i.e.:

“Customer called inquiring about order status, wanting to know why other people were receiving device and he wasn't. I explained to him this was a mistake/glitch in the system and these devices are not available until the 29th of April.”

Now this is just my guess, but for those of you that are calling a dozen times and "playing dumb", whether you are polite or not, this isn't going to work - most likely.

IMO!!!

But hey, if it works for even one of ya - then more power to ya!!!

Later,
Jon

i stupidly opted for the free 2nd day fed ex shipping versus putting in the promo code for the overnight. Will I get this on the 29th still you think? I was going to call, but honestly with all of the mix ups I think I might just wait it out

i stupidly opted for the free 2nd day fed ex shipping versus putting in the promo code for the overnight. Will I get this on the 29th still you think? I was going to call, but honestly with all of the mix ups I think I might just wait it out

From "word of mouth", it sounds as if the devices will ship on the 27th and 28th. I will assume for those who chose 2nd day delivery, they will ship on the 27th and then it goes without say, those who chose overnight will ship on the 28th.

I say this from hear-say and information I have acquired from the forum, don't go tattooing this on your arm!

I am going to take a wild stab in the dark here - and this is a stab in the dark because I do not and never have - work in a call center, but I am going to assume that each time you call in and give them your name, number and billing information, it is logged in there system. Additionally, the CSR most likely has the option to note the account of the conversation he/she had with you, i.e.:

You are not going to have any luck calling customer service to order it. You can be nice, beg, yell, and even threaten to leave, it wont matter. If Verizon has locked cs reps from ordering it till the 29th there is no way around it. It's the same thing with data packages on phones that require them. You used to be able to activate smartphones and blackberrys without adding a data package by saying youre not sure which one you want and will call back to add it. Verizon changed it to automatically add a data package as soon as the phone is activated with no way to remove it. Now I'm sure there are some people there that can do this but you wont get to them by phone.

don't worry i did the same thing and we will be getting them on the 29th as well.

mine arrived just after lunch, activated it shortly thereafter... sweet...
dannovb-albums-phonepix-picture1040-incred.jpg
http://androidforums.com/members/dannovb-albums-phonepix-picture1040-incred.jpg
Man I'm jeolous. Where are you in VB so I can steal it...I mean look at it. ;)

Ordered mine 1am this morning and keep getting the same thing

Not that I mean too much because when you call Verizon you get different stories. But the agent I just talked at 8:48pm said Verizon will ship 2 day on the 27 and overnight on 28. As others have said.

Not that I mean too much because when you call Verizon you get different stories. But the agent I just talked at 8:48pm said Verizon will ship 2 day on the 27 and overnight on 28. As others have said.

If that's the case, anyone who paid for the overnight option needs to demand a refund. That's outright dumb. Verizon could ship mine today via rickshaw and provide me with a $25 credit or I could pay $1000 to have it same day couriered, either way I'm getting it on the 29th. Fed Ex overnight and 2-day are guaranteed services (not like ground service which varies by distance from shipper). For a person who pre-orders over a week in advance, if they intend to ship it accordingly such that it arrives on the release day, they need to overtly state that so you're not needlessly spending money on an expedited service.

Heck VZW should just start releasing orders. The have the phones just sitting there. Poor Fed Ex is going to be overloaded. They should have some compassion. LOL

Heck VZW should just start releasing orders. The have the phones just sitting there. Poor Fed Ex is going to be overloaded. They should have some compassion. LOL

yeah i dont see the point of just holding them. Can still release to everyone that doesnt pre-order on the 29th. Nokia does that i believe thats how i did with my n97. Guess its different since its a carrier but still. Release the hounds :D

not really overloaded at all. there is a few warehouses setup to ship the new device along with the main warehouse in Nashville.

Back
Top Bottom