• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root so we have recovery...what about a ROM?

plasticarmyman

Android Expert
Oct 27, 2011
Well, i figured this would get your attention...I was looking around and I figured since the Optimus 4X recovery is very similar to ours, (their bootloader is still locked and whatnot) then we could take some tips from their development board...and well....i saw this thread

[DEV][WIP] Porting & Booting Custom Rom via 2nd-Init

so maybe we could use this as a guide on doing the same thing...

I know that a lot of phones that have locked bootloaders still have a CM7-CM9 rom...so why not try this with our phone?....

that thread doesn't have much...but we should keep an eye on it..

Also we can ask people over at the Droid X forums for help...they have dealt with the same thing as we are dealing with...(a locked bootloader but a 2ndinit recovery)

The only setback with a 2nd init recovery is not being able to flash a kernel...which means no OCing...which we have anyways because of a fault at LG...so let's forget about the drama and let's get this tiny powerhouse working even better than it is already...

We're like 4 huge steps forward in the custom rom front...we just need some help building a CM Rom...which we already have an Alpha of anyways...

Reactions: Sepero
The only setback with a 2nd init recovery is not being able to flash a kernel...which means no OCing...which we have anyways because of a fault at LG...so let's forget about the drama and let's get this tiny powerhouse working even better than it is already...

We're like 4 huge steps forward in the custom rom front...we just need some help building a CM Rom...which we already have an Alpha of anyways...

Nice find BTW, and good encouraging words.

As far as the OC'ing goes... we still need more. The s4 chips specs recommend maximum of 1.7ghz. So if/when the bootloader is unlocked, then we will have to take advantage.

Upvote 0
Nice find BTW, and good encouraging words.

As far as the OC'ing goes... we still need more. The s4 chips specs recommend maximum of 1.7ghz. So if/when the bootloader is unlocked, then we will have to take advantage.

of course, 1.7 would be awesome....but 1.5 instead of 1.2 is awesome as well :p and we know it is stable :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones