• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root software update 10e?

Battery, apparently lasts longer and a lot of people have also been saying there's a lot of more free RAM(including me). just try it for a day and see if you like it.
 
If you are on version c

IMO don't upgrade .

But if already on version d then upgrade .

I went to d which was slower and had more unnecessary background processes than c wastes more battery

(you can under developer options limit background processes to 4 instead of standard limit, and get Similar results ).
BUT version e has a few Android optimizations (46 ) that I saw it going through and seems better than d was.

I'm an observant user but not a power user/ tech like many on here , my phone is not rooted etc.


I did the OTA Update on wifi and it first updated firmware, then software ( maybe 6 minutes for both) then it did Android Optimizations 1 - 46 really quick .

I liked c best but I think e is better than d.
 
If you are on version c

IMO don't upgrade .

But if already on version d then upgrade .

I went to d which was slower and had more unnecessary background processes than c wastes more battery

(you can under developer options limit background processes to 4 instead of standard limit, and get Similar results ).
BUT version e has a few Android optimizations (46 ) that I saw it going through and seems better than d was.

I'm an observant user but not a power user/ tech like many on here , my phone is not rooted etc.


I did the OTA Update on wifi and it first updated firmware, then software ( maybe 6 minutes for both) then it did Android Optimizations 1 - 46 really quick .

I liked c best but I think e is better than d.

You can downgrade to C if you want to using my guide. You would have to root to remove the notification for updating though.

IMO if you are on D firmware and you aren't going to use any ROMs based on D (which is all at the moment) then upgrade to E.

There are no E ROMs yet, source has not been released yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom