• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spectrum V8 update coming (and found)

Someone over at XDA put this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1654324&nocache=1
It is a .apk, haven't tried it yet.
Update: worked, but don't see CDMA, LTE toggle though.

Just need JB like the rest of VZW's phones are receiving now.

I have this installed but it doesn't open the system information and data preferred.

hmmm..at V8 the battery life is much2 better than V7...I will try to update PRL first to see if it is make any difference because before I notice I have newer PRL version.

Just found thread about baseband...if I flash the baseband back to V7 is it will change the hidden menu or not? I've checked my baseband the version already on V8...

Upvote 0
I have this installed but it doesn't open the system information and data preferred.

hmmm..at V8 the battery life is much2 better than V7...I will try to update PRL first to see if it is make any difference because before I notice I have newer PRL version.

Just found thread about baseband...if I flash the baseband back to V7 is it will change the hidden menu or not? I've checked my baseband the version already on V8...
Seems the Android Secret Dial codes are all disabled, I tried a few others and get a "device not capable" error. Must be kernel level omission.
Baseband is for the radio, don't think it will have any effect on this, try and see, let us know the results. :)

Upvote 0
Seems the Android Secret Dial codes are all disabled, I tried a few others and get a "device not capable" error. Must be kernel level omission.
Baseband is for the radio, don't think it will have any effect on this, try and see, let us know the results. :)

yep no luck...maybe have to flash back to V7.. :thinking:

Searching for V7 link...seem already removed from LG server...anyone has the V7 link?

Upvote 0

That shouldn't be a kernel issue. Especially if he's unlocked his bootloader. More than likely, it's a software patch in the ROM itself.

Upvote 0
That shouldn't be a kernel issue. Especially if he's unlocked his bootloader. More than likely, it's a software patch in the ROM itself.

I don't have my bootloader unlocked yet...because it will much more easy for me to flashing LG stock firmware...but still need to get my service first.

But if I have installed CWM can I just flash LG stock like in this
HTML:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17823-flashing-lg-signed-firmware/
tutor?

Upvote 0
I don't have my bootloader unlocked yet...because it will much more easy for me to flashing LG stock firmware...but still need to get my service first.

But if I have installed CWM can I just flash LG stock like in this
HTML:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17823-flashing-lg-signed-firmware/
tutor?

It would probably be easier to unlock your bootloader and flash a v7 based rom rather than doing a cab flash.

Upvote 0
I don't think its kernel related, i think its a software patch, LG has their menus patched so only root can open it, but the dialer doesnt run as root so it keeps the desired menus from opening. going into terminal/adb you can manually start the package as root but its a hassle. The check is to see what UID is calling the package if its not UID 0; it doesn't open

Upvote 0
I don't think its kernel related, i think its a software patch, LG has their menus patched so only root can open it, but the dialer doesnt run as root so it keeps the desired menus from opening. going into terminal/adb you can manually start the package as root but its a hassle. The check is to see what UID is calling the package if its not UID 0; it doesn't open
So what is the adb command? Would save a lot of time. :)
Kernel level does not mean the actual kernel, sorry old school terminology.

Upvote 0
I agree with what ortrigger says, and yes it should restore the ability to access the menu and restore the setting.

Already flashed to stock deodexed...and can get to hidden menu now...does anyone have link to original rom? just in case if I need to get back to stock.

Also is anyone have PRL + ERI in zip file? I guess flashing PRL in DFS or CDMAws not working if in RUIM mode...because before I think the PRL was read 50000 version, but now it said 15154, try to flash it to my operator PRL is not working, but when in LGNPST it already read my own PRL, but if I put the vzw sim it said 15154 on PRL version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones