• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] [OUDHS]SpeedBall Kernel for JB ONLY

xInterlopeRx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 5, 2012
Hudspeth County, Texas
Well, guys and dolls (if there are any) I discovered a bit of code that was capping our precious frequency reserves at 1DOT2Ghz to be exact. That's not much for the same processor that in the Galaxy S III. Well, not to be outdone by the marketing ploys of greedy businessmen, I have disabled this disabling disability! Now, I am reporting frequencies as high as 1DOT512. That's a TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT increase!!! Well, like the title says, it's only for devices that are running the JB upgrade. If you flash this to the ICS device, it may vomit in the car. Remember, this is NOT an overclocked kernel. This is naturally aspirated, high octane, throttle body injected...I might make an OC kernel at some point.

TEST KERNEL

Flashable, flashy and flashtastic!

STOCK KERNEL

FLASH THIS FIRST!!!
BACKUP AND RESTORE

It will backup your boot.img only and create a flashable zip to restore it later. The file created is called backupbootflash.zip and it will be on the internal memory.

Hurray, source code!

And hey if CM10 works with it...we can all patiently wait for CM10 ;)

I've already been working on it for two weeks. Just a little quietly. Since I let the cat out of the bag here, I may as well tell you. I'm merging kernel source from the GSIII to make video work. It's gonna be a while before there's anything more to talk about.

Upvote 0
so you guys updated the speed ball kernel.
v1 was working but no overclock on the way to test this out

This is not an overclock kernel. This kernel is simply built without a cap. Other devices that have msm8960 chipsets use a kernel like this. Future versions of this kernel may include hdmi out since that functionality is possible as well.

Upvote 0
They are independent. But for sake of information this device has two partitions: one for boot and one for recovery. The S2 did also but the processor read them the same. The initramfs on the S2 needed all the configuration data to boot into recovery and system. This device has a unique initramfs for each boot sequence.

Reactions: TheBritton
Upvote 0
Screenshot attached

Attachments

• 1364150252637.jpg
    1364150252637.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones