• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] [OUDHS]SpeedBall Kernel for JB ONLY

You're doing this without the phone? Geez ;) I'll see about getting a dmesg after work if i have time.

Although I'm more excited for CM. But yeah. I'm not familiar with MC1 or anything of that nature. But i do understand what you mean though.

Ok, to clarify: I don not own a Virgin device. I own a Sprint device. I've had some time chatting with a couple VM owners though and got some basic info. The partitions are nearly identical, but not exactly. That might be making things go south. Also, US Cellular has a version, codename Infinite, and they will be joining us also. As for CM, I have bootani, so video works. I've still getting mediaserver error on boot, but I think that may be the last big hurdle. Qualcomm has released video drivers that may allow me to build cm-10.1 also. Taking it day by day, but it's coming along.

I just got word of a Sprint update to MC1, which might not make much sense to you. They did release a source package for it and I'm getting it now. If it's a significant version bump from what I'm already building I'll work on this again. Thing is, this kernel was already build on VM source. Since I don't have the device or the issue, it's hard for me to diagnose the problem. Once I'm not spending so much time on CM, I'll try to refocus on fixing this through testers. If you can, flash the kernel and use ADB to get a dmesg.

I don't know what i'm doing but this may be what you're asking for:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29130275/dmesg.txt

Just curious what the status was on this. Does this kernel currently work on MC1? I was going to try it out, but figured I would ask first :)

Just curious what the status was on this. Does this kernel currently work on MC1? I was going to try it out, but figured I would ask first :)

Status: Married, separated. Man, I haven't worked on Android in a week and that's a long time in the dev world. I can't be certain what source version I used but I think it was MA8...I'll update it tonight. So long an thanks for all the fish!

So I messed up, apparently didn't make a back up before installing this... So with that said, is there anyone out there that can post a stock kernel for Virgin Mobile?

So I messed up, apparently didn't make a back up before installing this... So with that said, is there anyone out there that can post a stock kernel for Virgin Mobile?

Sorry didn't get a chance to reply to your PM; was planning to tonight. The stock kernel should be listed in my root guide library :)

By the way, I'll be adding a guide on how to install kernels and modems to the root guide later tonight.

To be safe, I'm making a flashable zip of the stock kernel on my phone and I'll post it here in a sec for you. Stand by :D

That would be epic, and MUCH appreciated... And so we don't fill up this thread with too much, if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you send a PM with some info on what to do with it?

https://github.com/xInterlopeRx

And with that I must say I can not continue with this, or any other, project. After a series of conversations with my wife we have decided to cut out anything we don't need to cover mounting medical costs. Our phone/internet service is through a rural co-op and costs $160 mo so we must cut it. We will be suspending our cell service and doing without that as well. My apologies to all.

https://github.com/xInterlopeRx

And with that I must say I can not continue with this, or any other, project. After a series of conversations with my wife we have decided to cut out anything we don't need to cover mounting medical costs. Our phone/internet service is through a rural co-op and costs $160 mo so we must cut it. We will be suspending our cell service and doing without that as well. My apologies to all.

Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts to make our devices better. Your absence will truly impact the development of several devices and you will be missed.

Selling all I have has helped me continue to pay for this service and some much needed doctor stuff. Ok, to those still following the kernel. Whats wrong with the WIFI is the missing proprietary "prima" staging driver. Not sure why pure stock compiles have working wifi and this doesn't, but I'm working on porting the driver from CodeAuroraForums (CAF) or kanging it if necessary. Anyway, there may be an update to this kernel soon.

Back
Top Bottom