• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by step Root walkthrough for Huawei Fusion 2

**i believe that this may be a problem with the phone itself. also does the phone have to be unlocked? or is unlocking the same thing as rooting.

I paid 20 bucks, and unlocked my phone a week before I found the guide by shagerty to root.

My brother used the same method to unlock his. If you'd like the link, let me know.

I paid 20 bucks, and unlocked my phone a week before I found the guide by shagerty to root.

My brother used the same method to unlock his. If you'd like the link, let me know.

i saw your video that you made about the features of your rooted phone and the link that explained the unlock but i don't think i need to unlock it

can you explain further in depth about installing the drivers because i keep getting the "waiting for device" message and i've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times

If you get waiting for device. Unplug and replug in or phone to the computer and wait like 5seconds. If its still waiting on device its not in fast boot. Pull out your battery and wait 10 seconds. Reinsert battery and put into fast boot. Leave program running where it says waiting for device then plug your phone in. If it still says waiting. Close the program and reopen it. PM me if you have more issues!

can you explain further in depth about installing the drivers because i keep getting the "waiting for device" message and i've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times

Forgive me if you've already tried this, or it does not solve your issue.

Try, plugging your phone into your PC, not going in to USB mode, just plug it in. Navigate to My Computer/Computer depending on your Windows version(Assuming you're using Windows). Here you should see an extra drive named "CD Drive (Drive Letter): Mobile Partner". Open this folder and then the folder called "drivers" inside should be yet another folder called "adb_driver" open that, then install the file called "Handset WinDriver"

Then try the Root process again.

Hope it does fix your issue. Good luck.

**If you need this file, I can upload it to my dropbox.

"No but turn on USB debugging on your phone under devloer options and when you plug the phone in run the driver that is In the mobile partner folder that is adb" (guote from cameron581 i'm stuck quoting one thing otherwise i would have properly quoted it)

when i plug in the phone run what driver? what folder? can you specify further?

Forgive me if you've already tried this, or it does not solve your issue.

Try, plugging your phone into your PC, not going in to USB mode, just plug it in. Navigate to My Computer/Computer depending on your Windows version(Assuming you're using Windows). Here you should see an extra drive named "CD Drive (Drive Letter): Mobile Partner". Open this folder and then the folder called "drivers" inside should be yet another folder called "adb_driver" open that, then install the file called "Handset WinDriver"

Then try the Root process again.

Hope it does fix your issue. Good luck.

**If you need this file, I can upload it to my dropbox.

i went to the file location but there was not a drive named mobile partner

i only hope my computer can download it. sometimes files don't finish downloading

**i downloaded it and ran it. everything seemed to work perfectly

not quite sure yet still working on it. i'm still on step 11 i haven't gotten the expected return message yet (or any message at all for that matter)

If you are unsuccessful, my last recommendation is to try the old fashioned PC restart, and try once more.

I do hope you are successful, my phone runs so much better without all that pre-installed AT&T crap.

If you are unsuccessful, my last recommendation is to try the old fashioned PC restart, and try once more.

I do hope you are successful, my phone runs so much better without all that pre-installed AT&T crap.
thats the main reason i looked into rooting my phone. then i realized there was so much more you could do with a rooted phone which is why i have been attempting to root my phone since around 10 in the morning...

Did you plug the phone into your computer not in fast boot just on and running let it recognize the phone install all the drivers and such and go through the process.

Did you plug the phone into your computer not in fast boot just on and running let it recognize the phone install all the drivers and such and go through the process.
i just tried that. it won't recognize my phone at all for some reason. is there a part of the forum to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom