• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by Step Rooting Instructions: for Huawei Ascend

So I have followed all the steps. I installed z4root, titanium backup, and overclock widget. (that last one might be the problem) But my issue is thats my 3g & 1x symbols are gone. I still have bars and internet access but where did they go?

Reboot and see if they show up again. Also, download CacheMate or Cache Cleaner NG from the Market and clear your cache.

Are you with Cricket? I think they had something going on today because for several hours I was without 3G as well.

Thank you that worked great!!! Now that its rooted what apps are needed to improve my performance? My keyboard is now a little lag. I also download a task manager. Any suggestions?

Thank you that worked great!!! Now that its rooted what apps are needed to improve my performance? My keyboard is now a little lag. I also download a task manager. Any suggestions?

You will want to be careful with Task Manager as that can slow you down and interfere with your programs running. Be sure to put all the ones you don't want it to kill on ignore.

Get a new launcher - I recommend LauncherPro Plus, but ADWLauncher EX or GO Launcher are both good ones too. And there are others. You can experiment with the free trials to see what you like.

Get a new keyboard. Better Keyboard or Smart Keyboard are both good.

If you don't have CacheMate or Cache Cleaner NG they are a must. Did you set your CPU to 600Mhz? That will give you improved speed.

There's a list around here somewhere I'll find and post it here again.

Glad it's working for you!

:)

Ok so when I get the launcher and keyboard apps what programs do I uninstall? So I dont mess up. Lol And im not sure what I have the cpu set to because the overclock widget doesn't display a 600mhz option. It shows like 6000000 is thats the same thing? Last question if I remove the task manager how will I know what's running in the background? Can I stop these apps myself?

Thanx in advance

Ok so when I get the launcher and keyboard apps what programs do I uninstall? So I dont mess up. Lol And im not sure what I have the cpu set to because the overclock widget doesn't display a 600mhz option. It shows like 6000000 is thats the same thing? Last question if I remove the task manager how will I know what's running in the background? Can I stop these apps myself?

Thanx in advance

Hi Reddlocks! Sorry I was away from a computer most of the day and didn't see your message until late tonight. I'll answer it in the morning when I can think again! LOL

Bedtime now. :)

Ok downloaded z4 Go the blue screen that says z4, been waiting for it to reboot says running exploit in order to obtain root access but cloes th 10 min just stays on blue z4 screen dosomething wrong?

Ok downloaded z4 Go the blue screen that says z4, been waiting for it to reboot says running exploit in order to obtain root access but cloes th 10 min just stays on blue z4 screen dosomething wrong?

Did you enable USB debugging before you downloaded?

Try turning your phone off and back on and see if it comes up.

yes to let you guys know. My calendar was so screwed up after following the direction to root my cell phone and I had to REPLACE the phone.

The directions AREN'T clear and there are many steps skipped.

Thank you
I thought this was a very clear and complete tutorial. The key to doing something like this is to read until you think you can do it from memory, then read it again. Also, the side tutorial on titanium backup was very helpful.

Okay so I get the whole rooting thing. I am def confident in doing this to my H.A, but my one question is will I still be able to update to a newer android update if there is one? I just don't want to have to root my phone and can't get the upgrade if it comes out.

Okay so I get the whole rooting thing. I am def confident in doing this to my H.A, but my one question is will I still be able to update to a newer android update if there is one? I just don't want to have to root my phone and can't get the upgrade if it comes out.

You can always unroot your phone. Just be sure you don't uninstall anything that you are not supposed to, per the instructions in the second and third posts in this thread.

Also, buy the Pro version of Titanium if you are going to do this.That way you can 'freeze' apps you don't want running instead of 'uninstalling' them, which can be troublesome for some to get back.

Also, be sure to backup all your settings and data (per Titanium instructions) before you start removing bloatware.

When the 2.2 comes out there will be plenty of support here for you.

Just got my Ascend today after a month with the abysmal Zio. Followed these instructions and they worked to a T once I realized I was trying to DL a old version of Z4root.

Thank you to everyone who helped putting this together, I am already loving this phone.

Just got my Ascend today after a month with the abysmal Zio. Followed these instructions and they worked to a T once I realized I was trying to DL a old version of Z4root.

Thank you to everyone who helped putting this together, I am already loving this phone.

That's great! We're so happy you found us and that you dumped the Zio for the Ascend. We are an Ascend loving forum.

No pun intended!

LOL

:D

Ok first off hell everyone! Thank you for all the wonderful info. I am new to this whole thing im net tech savvy, however I just rootedmy phone and dont find it to be any faster. Also I used titanium backup (free Version) so I may have messed up there, also I am no longer to send or receive mms. And finally I read in a post that task killer is bad....Please help!! I am so confused????

You're not going to notice some whopping big increase in speed. Rooting will allow you to do things to your phone you can't do otherwise.

It sounds like you have removed your stock messaging app.

Did you backup AND uninstall anything with TiBu?

z4 states my phone is rooted, however, titanium backup states it is not... lil help here?

EDIT::: NM... I rerooted with z4, now everything is a go!

Click on 'probs' at the bottom of the Titanium Screen. After it loads 'Busybox' again see if it then tells you if you are rooted. Also, sometimes you have to reboot. Be sure to click 'allow' when it prompts you. :)

Hello there!
Inching closer to rooting my new Ascend! - I'm def computer savvy but new to the Droid and to rooting. I'm confident that I can handle Z4 but now that I've delved into researching Titanium BU I'm more worried about navigating that now! My main reason for rooting would be to get rid of the Metro "Hello Hello Hello", but will eventually remove some apps that I don't want... My question is... If I root and D/L Titanium Pro, can I change the power up audio without dealing too much with Tit BU for now? Thank you all for your help, and for this forum which after pouring over them all for weeks I find is the best!
P.S. I wish I could remember where I'd read this but "....there are two kinds of computer users, those who accept their devices for what they can do and those who want to see what it CAN do!"

Hi Jane. You are talking about wanting to change the 'boot animation'? There's an entire thread devoted to that in the 'Ascend - All things root' forum. I'll get the link for you.

As for your question about TiBu...no you don't have to do anything at all with it if you don't want to . Most of us rooted so we could use TiBu to remove or freeze Bloatware. And it's great for that.

Once you get your phone we will be happy to help you!

Very cute Avatar btw !!! Welcome to our happy little forum!

:D

Hi Jazz!
Thank you for the link! I will absolutely be getting rid of the bloat but removing that boot audio is my first task - I hate it! Hahhaha I hope to become more familiar with TiBu before I try it though - seems a bit over my head!

Thanks about the avatar I love pin-up!

Hi Jazz!
Thank you for the link! I will absolutely be getting rid of the bloat but removing that boot audio is my first task - I hate it! Hahhaha I hope to become more familiar with TiBu before I try it though - seems a bit over my head!

Thanks about the avatar I love pin-up!

Did you see the thread in All things Root yet?

Be careful when you start changing. I've seen people really screw up their phones just because they wanted to change that boot file.

You might think of just rooting and then flashing the Icarus mod. It automatically changes the boot and gets rid of the bloatware at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom