• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock swype?

icyboyice

Sep 23, 2011
How to install the stock swype that came with the samsung admire when first purchased ? I am running a custom rom that doesnt have this input method. I am aware that you can register for the beta, but i tried this version and it is laggy because of excessive features. How can i get stock swype that came pre-installed on our phones if i am on a custom rom?

First thing first get titanium back up from the market install it :) and then get root explore . Ok download the files I post here
Sorry I can't upload them here I upload them to 4 shared . Ok download them then open root explore and go to sd card/ download select all 3 and hit move and move it to sd card/ titanium back up paste and restard phone and then go to titanium back up and just hit restore app+ data

com.swype.android.inputmethod-08aaccdc560953de9cb31de769fc043a.apk.gz - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

com.swype.android.inputmethod-20120501-190304.properties - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

com.swype.android.inputmethod-20120501-190304.tar.gz - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Upvote 0
How to install the stock swype that came with the samsung admire when first purchased ? I am running a custom rom that doesnt have this input method. I am aware that you can register for the beta, but i tried this version and it is laggy because of excessive features. How can i get stock swype that came pre-installed on our phones if i am on a custom rom?

i think somebody on this forum uploaded the stock swype but i'm not sure who but what you should do is reinstall a stock rom with swype and back it up with titanium backup and just reinstall the custom rom you're using now and restore swype.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones