• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in some sort of loop

I've had this Optimus V for a very long time and so I decided to sell it, well the kid did something and now its stuck in this weird loop. He said he was deleting images from his SD card that he put in the phone and he went to restart it and it started doing this loop thing.

The phone was running CM9 or 10 and flashed with a recovery that started with a X I believe, if the information is needed about that I'm sure I can dig it up but when you turn the phone on it says:
Android System Recovery:
Formatting Data...
Formatting Cache...
Factory Reset...
Rebooting...
And then goes to the LG screen and continues on the cyanogenmod screen where it does nothing past that. When I try to go into recovery it just says the formatting stuff again and restarts. Sort of at a dead end and need some help :(

The phone is now stuck in the stock recovery.
Do you have the LG USB drivers, Java jdk6, and the Android SDK with the platform-tools folder installed on your computer?
We are going to need to use shell commands thru the Android Debug Bridge to straighten it out.

welcome to AF!!!!!!

i moved your thread to the root forum where folks who have a rooted device can help you out better then folks who do not.

i do not have your device nor am i familiar with lg phones to help you out too much. hopefully folks here can set you straight.

Okie Dokie.

Lets see if your phone is recognized. Open a command prompt and type in:
Code:
adb devices

If it shows an output that looks like a serial number then we can move to the next step.

Lets see if you still have root. Go to the SDK/platform-tools folder and open a command prompt there.
Type in:
Code:
adb shell
If you got a $ instead of a # then type in:
Code:
su
if you still did not get a # then you will need to use the KDZ unbrick guide from here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html.

Let me know what you get.

Okie Dokie.

Lets see if your phone is recognized. Open a command prompt and type in:
Code:
adb devices

If it shows an output that looks like a serial number then we can move to the next step.

Lets see if you still have root. Go to the SDK/platform-tools folder and open a command prompt there.
Type in:
Code:
adb shell
If you got a $ instead of a # then type in:
Code:
su
if you still did not get a # then you will need to use the KDZ unbrick guide from here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...guide-unbrick-upgrade-optimus-v-easy-kdz.html.

Let me know what you get.

I got adb to show my device but when I type in adb shell it responds with No such file or directory, I'm on a Mac but I have access to a windows computer. Also thank you so much for helping me!

You need to have the path to the adb.exe set properly.
I don't have a Mac, so I can't help there.
Also make sure you delete the old class path and put in the class path to the newest Java jdk6/java.exe.
When everything is setup properly you will either get a # or a $ output from:
Code:
 adb shell
You might need to open a command prompt and just cd to the platform-tools folder.

Back
Top Bottom