• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stupid Question...

Jhyler12

Lurker
May 25, 2011
I just rooted my phone the other day with zroot, so if I try the update today will it brick my phone? If so what is the easiest way to unroot my phone? Im a noob and I am sorry... I just dont understand half of this stuff as you can tell. I honestly rooted my phone just to cheat on a game I downloaded. Thanks so much

:thinking:

If you don't intend to root again, then go ahead. Unless you removed or froze some apps, root might not be a problem. The last OTA updates installed for me just fine with a rooted phone.

OTOH, if you LIKE root, I'd postpone that until TBH releases a rooted version and hopefully the tools (SBF) to fix a hosed phone. :D

Upvote 0
What if that area has no hair? :D

"ALL RIGHT YOU LOSERS, GET BACK ON-TOPIC"

I think I hear Steven... :eek:

YEAH!! GET BACK ON TOPIC.....

Squirriel!!!!!

BTW, Steven's gone all week so it'll be fun here with the problems from the OTA.

lol steven leaves for a week!!!! thats ok we got JB in AZ so we are good, that and i leave next week for the beach :)

:) :) :) :) Oooooh well!!! Sorry! But that's why you guys came on, so I can get away. ;) (steven runs!)

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones