• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Suggested eBay seller: Argyle Hard Silicone Cases

Some people have been using xacto knives to cut complete openings to the camera and volume rocker buttons, but without the silicone layer, I find the buttons end up being too recessed for comfort. I have no nails.

What I did was just cut along the indentations that were over the buttons, leaving one side of the rectangular indentation (long side) not cut. Basically creating a more pliable flap. This allows you to keep the layer of silicone above the buttons, but makes it much more flexible and sensitive when squeezing down on the camera and volume buttons. Works and feels great.
Can you provide pics of yours? I was thinking of doing complete openings but I think I see what you mean when they be might too recessed.

Edit: Can anyone who did surgery on their case show the finished product? Mine will soon be going under the scalpel =P

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I ordered mine from pawguy too. Did yours have the large cut out in the back for the speaker and antenna? In his auction it wasn't like that and when I emailed him to ask about it, no replies. I sent two emails to this guy! Bad customer service

Please read my post about obtaining the sellers phone number; that is clearly the easiest way to contact the sellers.

Upvote 0
In an ironic twist of events the package I ordered from wireless amzer had arrived today in the mail via fedex..I'll keep you guys updated when I check my mail.

edit: well it appears to be the real deal, folks...at least from the packaging. does anyone here who have the amzer case feel that the volume rocker and camera button are easier to access than the one from pawavenue? I feel so.

Upvote 0
Got mine Clear Smoke from Paw (David) today. IMHO, it’s the best color for our phone! Shipping was fast. Product quality is top notch. The case is by Luxmo and the speaker cutout is small, perfect fit for DX. Took Best Buy's Rocketfish POS back to the store for a full credit. I actually ordered $4 version of that Rocketfish-a-like case from eBay as well, but most likely I will only use this Smoke Argyle case. I feel a lot more secure with this case now ;)

Upvote 0
I ordered mine from pawguy too. Did yours have the large cut out in the back for the speaker and antenna? In his auction it wasn't like that and when I emailed him to ask about it, no replies. I sent two emails to this guy! Bad customer service

Haven't received mine yet...hopefully today I will have that and my 32geebee's card waiting on me when I get home.

Upvote 0
Please read my post about obtaining the sellers phone number; that is clearly the easiest way to contact the sellers.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I cannot find his number at all! I looked all over his listing and store front. Weird. I'm not a noob when it comes to eBay and I have had sellers reply to me via eBay messages before.

I got fed up with waiting on a reply from this guy so I just filed a complaint..

Upvote 0
BTW, I have done a little "surgery" tonight with x-acto per suggestion I read on this forum about cutting only 3 sides of the rectangular flexi buttons (Argyle Luxmo case). This way DX buttons (power, volume u/d, and camera) are still covered, and it makes it a little easier to press it.

Upvote 0
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I cannot find his number at all! I looked all over his listing and store front. Weird. I'm not a noob when it comes to eBay and I have had sellers reply to me via eBay messages before.

I got fed up with waiting on a reply from this guy so I just filed a complaint..

Well you obviously are well within your rights to do that, I just prefer to work things out with sellers if they're willing, so I took the steps listed in this post:
http://androidforums.com/accessorie...r-argyle-hard-silicone-cases.html#post1265352

If you still want the sellers number for any reason just follow those steps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones