• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Suggested eBay seller: Argyle Hard Silicone Cases

I got the Amzer case. My only complaint is that it covers all the buttons which makes using the power button, volume rocker, etc. kind of difficult.

Some people have been using xacto knives to cut complete openings to the camera and volume rocker buttons, but without the silicone layer, I find the buttons end up being too recessed for comfort. I have no nails.

What I did was just cut along the indentations that were over the buttons, leaving one side of the rectangular indentation (long side) not cut. Basically creating a more pliable flap. This allows you to keep the layer of silicone above the buttons, but makes it much more flexible and sensitive when squeezing down on the camera and volume buttons. Works and feels great.

Some people have been using xacto knives to cut complete openings to the camera and volume rocker buttons, but without the silicone layer, I find the buttons end up being too recessed for comfort. I have no nails.

What I did was just cut along the indentations that were over the buttons, leaving one side of the rectangular indentation (long side) not cut. Basically creating a more pliable flap. This allows you to keep the layer of silicone above the buttons, but makes it much more flexible and sensitive when squeezing down on the camera and volume buttons. Works and feels great.

That's actually not a bad idea. I was thinking of cutting out a significant portion of the case around the buttons to access them easily, but this isn't a bad idea.

@kwest12

thanks for the suggestion, man. i just picked up a 'smoke' version today. i'll drop a review once it's on my dx.

That's actually not a bad idea. I was thinking of cutting out a significant portion of the case around the buttons to access them easily, but this isn't a bad idea.

and if you're really precise with the xacto and it's sharp enough, you can additionally trim down the edges of the flap so it moves a little more freely and doesn't rub against the other edge as much when pressing down on the buttons.

That sounds like an excellent idea. If I run into issues I'm gonna give this a shot. (need the phone first to see how it feels as is though lol)

@kwest12

thanks for the suggestion, man. i just picked up a 'smoke' version today. i'll drop a review once it's on my dx.

Your very welcome: I know how apprehensive I always am about buying on eBay. I'm glad I could make it easier for a fellow Android fan.

Fedex tracking shows that mine is out for delivery today. Although it appears that I will get mine today, I must say, something was fishy about that. Based on feedback, the cases were authentic Amzer, but for that price, how could he afford to ship overnight Fedex?

Just got my shipment. It came in the usual Amzer packaging and everything. Wow, this guy must have stumbled upon an Amzer shipment that fell off the back of a truck. Super-cheap and included overnight shipping, so I'm not sure how that was possible. But, it was good while it lasted I guess, eh? The case is perfect.

Just got my shipment. It came in the usual Amzer packaging and everything. Wow, this guy must have stumbled upon an Amzer shipment that fell off the back of a truck. Super-cheap and included overnight shipping, so I'm not sure how that was possible. But, it was good while it lasted I guess, eh? The case is perfect.

mine arrived today as well. I'm not home yet to see how they are..and i don't get my X til tomorrow (hopefully).

not sure why the guy is no longer on ebay though..strange

I didn't want to say anything, but intentionally avoided that seller b/c he looked sketchy (can't recall exactly what concerned me right now). I would like the reinforce my OP: if you want to order w/o worrying and have a seller who is extremely helpful, friendly and reliable, you should consider the one I bought from. Not saying there aren't other great options, but if peace of mind is high on your list, then the guy I bought from is a great option.
I just bought from him today (7/27). I'm hoping to receive it on 7/29 (I live in California). Do you think this is a stretch? When did you order yours and how long did it take for you to receive it? This seller has gotten really good reviews saying how fast he ships.

I just bought from him today (7/27). I'm hoping to receive it on 7/29 (I live in California). Do you think this is a stretch? When did you order yours and how long did it take for you to receive it? This seller has gotten really good reviews saying how fast he ships.

How did you buy from him today? I can't find him listed on Ebay..

How did you buy from him today? I can't find him listed on Ebay..
Sorry for not clarifying, I bought from pawavenue today. I also bought from wirelessamzer 2 days ago but i'm not sure if i'll be receiving anything seeing as he left. I called ebay and they said I have to wait 7 days till I can file a refund which i'll probably do.

^^ Oh alright that makes a little more sense at first. I thought maybe he was back on ebay and I just couldn't find him.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you received it today (7/28) tbh.

Here's my post about receiving it: http://androidforums.com/accessorie...r-argyle-hard-silicone-cases.html#post1229287

Check you ebay account btw, there is probably already a tracking number attached to the item.

I ordered Sunday night (7/25) and I received it yesterday (7/27).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you received it today (7/28) tbh.

Here's my post about receiving it: http://androidforums.com/accessorie...r-argyle-hard-silicone-cases.html#post1229287

Check you ebay account btw, there is probably already a tracking number attached to the item.

I bought from the same seller on the 24th. I went to look at myebay and they removed the item from my won list like I never even won/payed for it? Whats up with that?
Seeing the seller is no longer on ebay has me a little worried.

You can also buy the Luxmo Argyle cases @ Amazon.com for $11.95. I bought and received the smoke, which I really like and then I ordered the purple. Amazon also lists all the Amzer cases but none are in stock.

I bought from the same seller on the 24th. I went to look at myebay and they removed the item from my won list like I never even won/payed for it? Whats up with that?

I have had the same experience, kinda left hanging out to dry. Thankfully it is only 8 bux.

If I don't see the case before Monday I'll contact eBay and Paypal to resolve this...

i also purchased from pawavenue because of this thread and received my case very quickly (i'm in california). however, i received the larger opening case like the op and the picture displayed was the smaller speaker-hole which i wanted. i contacted him at 5:45 pm pst (it's 9:32 pm now) and have yet to see a response..... :(

I just ordered the pink and blue Argyle cases from pawavenue. Curious to see if there is a difference between these cases and the Luxmo cases I got from Amazon. I will post pix of all cases when I get them.

I got my smoke check skin case 2 days after I ordered it. Suffice to say this user will be getting a shining review from me. Now I just need to work with the exact-o knife for the volume rocker and camera =D

Picked up a set of 5 of these on ebay for $8.00 with free shipping from hongkong and they are great!, the Smoke and the clear however are the only NON girly colors...

they fit great, are not "draggy" like silicon.. my only small grip is that i need to exacto out the spots for power,volume and camera buttons as it can be a little hard to push.

I think you mistakenly quoted me: "pawavenue", the seller I recommended is still listed and still has the cases listed.

The seller who mysteriously disappeared (and allegedly took ppls $) is "wirelessamzer".

"pawavenue" is the reliable one.

i also purchased from pawavenue because of this thread and received my case very quickly (i'm in california). however, i received the larger opening case like the op and the picture displayed was the smaller speaker-hole which i wanted. i contacted him at 5:45 pm pst (it's 9:32 pm now) and have yet to see a response..... :(

Here's how to get the seller's phone # (I had to do a live chat to get this info from the rep, so I figure it's not widely known).

To contact the seller by phone:

1. Click the "Advanced Search" link at the top of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Find Contact Information" link under "Members."
3. Enter the member's user ID and item number.
4. Click the "Search" button.

We'll send an email with the seller's contact information to your registered email address. At the same time, we'll also send the seller your contact information.

EDIT: Anyone buying from pawavenue who cares which type of case back they receive should call the seller before ordering to be sure that the type you want (symmetrical w/ small opening or large opening to be 100% sure there's no speaker interference and let more heat out).

Back
Top Bottom