• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Suggestions for a Galaxy Nexus case

I've had my eye on these, and waiting for em to come out with different color leather cases (Id get the pink one if I knew my boyfriend wouldn't harass and tease me relentlessly over it lol).

PDair Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 Accessories | Cover - Free Worldwide Shipping

That actually looks really nice to be honest. I wonder if my phone would still fit in it with the Diztronic case on. The Empire one did with no issues.

Ahh just go ahead and get the pink one. Who cares what he says. ;)

Thanks and cheers.

Upvote 0
I am sold on Otterbox, although I prefer the Commuter Series over the Defender. The Commuter is much slimmer while still providing full drop protection. I own 3 Commuters for Blackberry, iPod Touch, and GNEX. Can't go wrong with this exoskeleton design that will take a drop on concrete from 4 feet without a scratch to the case, let alone the phone. Even face down landing and not a scratch.

While I was waiting for the Commuter, I got this other $3 TPU @ Amazon and it was great. I still use it from time to time, because it fits perfectly and is extremely thin and light weight.

http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-QUBITS-RETAIL PACKAGING/dp/B0062V037Q/ref=pd_sim_cps_3

Upvote 0
If you want a thin, form fitting case then I'd go with the Diztronics TPU (Rev3). That's what I use as my "every day case".

If you want a more protective, but also bulkier, case I'd go with the Trident Kraken. That's my case I use if I travel somewhere, especially visiting friends or family with small (or even big) kids.

It offers 2 layers of protection (hard shell and silicon) but the difference from Otterbox is that it puts the silicon layer on the inside and the hard shell on the outside. This makes it easier to slide it in and out of a pocket. The Otterbox is good if you use the belt clip, but if you keep it in your pocket, it will get stuck on the silicon outer layer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones