• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi yungree, congrats on the new phone! :)
My Moto G (US GSM) isn't my daily driver, I mainly use it as a media player (an iPod Touch if you will) at work and home. I did run it through some paces on T-Mo for a month to bother try their service and use the phone, as, well a phone.
Some pros:
-PRICE! :D
-Size, how it feels in the hand. My wife has a Moto X and this one feels just as good. It's a little small feeling next to my G2, but I dig it when just pecking through Google Music.
-Battery life. Well, it's good, but my use case is very different so YMMV.
-Screen. It's solid, and reminds me a bit of my old Gnex despite not being AMOLED.
-Latest software. My model is still behind some others (like the Verizon variant :eek:) but still being on 4.4.2 is just fine for me. The bundled Moto software is limited but useful. Also, depending on where you go yours, no bloat!

Cons
-Honestly, the only thing is the camera. It's just... bad. If you have good lighting outside, it can be fine, but otherwise, don't bother.

Overall, I love this phone. If I had to use T-Mo or travel overseas, I'd be more than happy with it. HSPA+ on T-Mo was plenty fast for me since LTE is so congested in DC.

Anyway, enjoy your new phone! :)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the club yungree! Sorry to hear about your Volt. Hope you enjoy your new Moto G.

My only con would be the camera as well. But, I tend to carry my Canon S100 with me, so problem solved. :p

I live in a weak signal area, but it doesn't affect battery life. :)

Like the screen. It's the best in its class. I've watched several 720p movie clips and it plays beautifully.

I'm a casual gamer, but have played Asphalt 8, Dead Trigger 2 etc... No problem.

It's a very solid phone. Only 2g lighter than the much larger GS5.

Oh, and nano-coating.

Using a Grip Shell ATM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones