• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 firmware update-Official Releases

Hi, just bought a FT3 with 4GB but don't know how to check. I tried the setting option but is show only 1GB. Any suggestions on how to check the actual memory either with FT3 or a free apps?

Thanks.
Fred

Goto "My Pad" then its in the lower left corner
again srry for my english

Hi,

just hoping for some advice regarding the ROM's. I note at the start of the topic that the ROM is now at 4E however it states that for those 16GB tablets to use the old v3 ROM. Is this still the case, and if so, why?

Sorry, wrong topic!

hi i have installed tims 2b on my flytouch 3 and it worked great i have installed in on my mates one and the screen dosnt line up its about a cm lower than it should and it over laps on to the top par on the screen any advice

I was able to "debrick" my flytouch 3 superpad 2 with these instructions. Only thing I might add is to copy the files to the root of the SD card, not the folders. I copied the folder to the card and it didn't work. I copied the files and it did work. Anyhoo, thanks so very much. WOOHOO!

I used Tim's 4e update at Deposit Files and got a firmware upgrade and 3G is now working after I switched it on in Gscript which installed atomatically. Good update even the external keyboard allows @ characters etc which it would not initially. Well recommended upgrade and simple to use. Even the tablet did not start to vibrate insanely.

Hi,

just hoping for some advice regarding the ROM's. I note at the start of the topic that the ROM is now at 4E however it states that for those 16GB tablets to use the old v3 ROM. Is this still the case, and if so, why?

Sorry, wrong topic!

I believe it is because that version doesn't partition the card properly ie: you don't see all the available space.

Tim:
I have a 32GB f/t3 and d/l and installed your upgrade without any problems.
However, when I tried to re-install my market widgets, I got the error message that there was not enough room to install them. What happened? Did you upgrade take that much room? Please advise,
Richard smith
energized1
energize@verizon.net

Hi there.

When I first got this device i was kind of frustrated.

Then i started trying new firmware. This thing is getting each time better.

The firmware im using now is the:

0529 NEW FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD which i got on merimobiles.com

I'm satisfied with this firmware, except for the SD CARD issue (cant install app's and use it from the sd card), and other little things, like the screen's brightness, etc...

Think about trying the lastest tim firmware. (4e)

So, anyone has used this firmware and the lastest tim one?
The Tim ones are much better than this one im using now?
Which kind of problems has the tim lastest version?

Thanks!

Hi all,
I'm new to the site. My DISCO10 arrived today. Which firmware should I flash it to?

Edit: I used Tim's 5a install as his Flytouch had the same system specs as mine. It works like a charm. It is much faster than the stock setup. My only problem is that the charger they sent with the tablet has a plug that is too small for the tablet, and I have to babysit it to make sure it stays in place.

I Have Just purchase Fly Touch Super Pad 3 Model# P041, Android 2.2V2.6 #4402, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9, Root@localhost#48, Build Number FRF85B I am trying to do Update to "tim2b", I have downloaded 20110110_Tim2b and extracted files, copy to a TF-Card which I formatted with SD Formatter 3.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC, place it in the tablet turn it on and does not do the update, it reads the card but does not do the update can some please help
Hi
Sonny you can-not use use Tims roms on your tablet or any Disco model firmware, you have the lastest upgrade model po41 they is just the firmware that is on your tablet out at moment, roms will be coming very soon for the po41 you just have to wait,you have a new motherboard installed,larger battery,9v charger, better speakers,etc,so when the tweeked roms come they will be a very good tablet

i followed all instructions but when i reboot my flytouch with tims v5a it only shows an "android world" logo then a linux penguin then an animated "android world" logo then starts as normal, ive used a freshly formatted card and the only files on it are the boot files, Firmware2 and firmware-discovery, do i put those in a folder of some sort? i cant figure this out help please!

update: ok i think i found out based on the previous post, i also have a p041 and im guessing it wont update because of that, its:

Model: p041
Android: 2.2 v2.6:#4402

i followed all instructions but when i reboot my flytouch with tims v5a it only shows an "android world" logo then a linux penguin then an animated "android world" logo then starts as normal, ive used a freshly formatted card and the only files on it are the boot files, Firmware2 and firmware-discovery, do i put those in a folder of some sort? i cant figure this out help please!

update: ok i think i found out based on the previous post, i also have a p041 and im guessing it wont update because of that, its:

Model: p041
Android: 2.2 v2.6:#4402
wow i thought you were going to say you flashed a TIMS on a po41 thats correct you can't but they will be some new roms appearing very soon and a new manufacturer firmware is coming out soon also

Copied from another forum:

Release Date: 20110410
Download and save this file to your computer CLICK HERE: http://www.davepallot.com/update_firmware/20110410_Tim2b.zip

[FONT=&quot]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]PLEASE BACK UP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FIRST![/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]YOU WILL NEED A MICRO SD CARD AND THE MEANS OF GETTING FILES ONTO IT FROM YOUR COMPUTER.YOU DO THIS UPGRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK - I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSABLE. I AM TOO BUSY TO OFFER FULL SUPPORT ON THIS BUT I WILL TRY AND HELP YOU IF YOU GET REALLY STUCK.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Download and save file to your computer [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]format[/FONT][FONT=&quot] your micro sd card to FAT32.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]un-zip[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the contents of the file you have downloaded.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]copy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] all of the un-zipped folders to your micro sd card.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]make[/FONT][FONT=&quot] sure your tablet pc is plugged into the mains.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]fully[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shut down your tablet pc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]insert[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the micro sd card into the tablet pc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]turn[/FONT][FONT=&quot] on the tablet pc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]your[/FONT][FONT=&quot] tablet pc will now update - this will take a few mins.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]when[/FONT][FONT=&quot] it has finished the device will shut down and then start vibrating continuously.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]remove[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the micro sd card from the tablet pc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hold[/FONT][FONT=&quot] down the power button for about 8 seconds so the device shuts down and stops vibrating.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Turn the tablet pc back on again.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Your device is now updated![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Enjoy!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I completed the update everything seems to work fine only when i turn the device on it starts to screech (from the mic) its really loud and i cant get it to stop any suggestions?

I've just tryed the camera for the first time and I get eather a purple of green screen.
I'm I off base or does it mean I have the 2MP camera ?

hi all,

i just got my flytouch 3. advertised by seller it is INFORTM 1GHz CPU

i have a few questions

1) I check the CPU speed using a free apps in market and it clock at 800MHz. Is this normal?

2) i am running low on disc space and use the "advanced sd card manager" and it manage to find quite a few apps that can be moved to sd card. However, when i click the apps that i want to move, the "move to sd card" is grey color. i have check my other android phone, it is not grey and can be moved

so anyone has any idea how to move to sd?

1. Yes.

2. Use Links2sd (only works on disco/disco10 models - not the P041 models that some have, there is no solution as at today for the P041 models iirc)

Back
Top Bottom