• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Switch from TWRP to CWM

xboxkid

Aug 26, 2010
I got my Nexus 5 right when it was released and unlocked rooted it right away. I flashed TWRP because it was on the root guide that I was looking at. My question is, can I switch from TWRP to CWM? If so, what is the best way to do this?

Edit: I want to switch to CWM because it is what I am used to and CM 11.0 is having issues with TWRP right now apparently.

I got my Nexus 5 right when it was released and unlocked rooted it right away. I flashed TWRP because it was on the root guide that I was looking at. My question is, can I switch from TWRP to CWM? If so, what is the best way to do this?

Edit: I want to switch to CWM because it is what I am used to and CM 11.0 is having issues with TWRP right now apparently.

just flash CWM over TWRP, everything will be fine. BE warned tho any backups made with TWRP wont work in CWM and vice versa. ;)

Upvote 0
Moved thread to appropriate location. You should be able to find more answers here now :)

Don't do it. I caught hell with CWM as far as transferring backups from device to computer to save storage space. TWRP is very simple to do...for me.

I wouldn't say all of that, but TWRP is definitely visually more appealing. CWM works as every recovery should. PG is doing a great job of keeping up with the updates for it also (while applying his own, as well).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones