• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root System files

don't do it!! lol i tested it myself already, basically you will hear all the sound, but your screen will be blacked out. i was smart enough to do a backup before though so i was saved by that. lol

edit.
feel free to help us out with any information on this by the way :D. links, anything that you think could help because i know alot of the 2.2.1 community have been waiting for this about as bad as they were a root and recovery menu.

don't do it!! lol i tested it myself already, basically you will hear all the sound, but your screen will be blacked out. i was smart enough to do a backup before though so i was saved by that. lol

edit.
feel free to help us out with any information on this by the way :D. links, anything that you think could help because i know alot of the 2.2.1 community have been waiting for this about as bad as they were a root and recovery menu.

I tried the same thing with the same results :-) still working on this one. I'll let you know any findings I make!

If you want to mount it in Linux you will need to mount it like this.

mount -t sysfs image.img /mount/point
You might have to modprobe loop and add -o loop. Depends on your setup

Just installed ubuntu and looking at the video for extracting the files off my phone.

Just installed ubuntu and looking at the video for extracting the files off my phone.

The best way I've seen is by using Pearl scripts. When I unpack boot.img I don't see much except some init scripts and raw image files. Alot of empty folders.

Has anyone tried to run it? Backup first of course! They are both froyo roms and that is a froyo kernel...
Source code for froyo kernel is identical.

So you're saying the OC kernel and stagefright patch should work for 2.2.1 then?

Yes. But the boot.img ramdisk has to be changed to match the 2.2.1 build... I can fix and post it if you guys want.

Edit:
Well that OC kernel uses koush's any kernel updater, then no edit needed. Try it!

edit.
I too tried it, just sound no video glad I had made a fresh back up

The best way I've seen is by using Pearl scripts. When I unpack boot.img I don't see much except some init scripts and raw image files. Alot of empty folders.

I'm still learning and have yet to pull mine. I'll d/l pearl as suggested and keep going through the motions and see if I run into the the same things.

Back
Top Bottom