• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T Mobile, AT&T, & MetroPCS LTE fix.

Just flashing the hybrid radio isn't enough. You'll also need to make some build.prop changes to tell the phone that it's allowed to use LTE.

Or you could just flash this handy All-in-One LTE Enabler.

I did not include this but I can confirm I've modified the build.prop using the text editor. Not sure if this is important but I am stock (unlocked and rooted of course) does this change the way I should go about enabling LTE?

Attachments

• _20131230_153110.JPG
    _20131230_153110.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 119
  • _20131230_153225.JPG
    _20131230_153225.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 66
  • _20131230_153649.JPG
    _20131230_153649.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 67
  • _20131230_153711.JPG
    _20131230_153711.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
I did not include this but I can confirm I've modified the build.prop using the text editor. Not sure if this is important but I am stock (unlocked and rooted of course) does this change the way I should go about enabling LTE?

I don't think that 4G will be a selectable option in the Wireless & Network settings on a stock ROM.

You'll need to go the *#*#INFO#*#* route to access that option.
in your first pic it shows 4G is the prefered network.

That means its already looking for LTE. remember stock nexus roms call LTE 4G.

where do you live is t mobile lte available there? Remember too that nexus 4 only sees band 4 LTE so only t mobile. Though att does use it in a (very) few locations.

Upvote 0
in your first pic it shows 4G is the prefered network.

That means its already looking for LTE. remember stock nexus roms call LTE 4G.

where do you live is t mobile lte available there? Remember too that nexus 4 only sees band 4 LTE so only t mobile. Though att does use it in a (very) few locations.

Yes, it is looking for LTE after I switched the preferred network to LTE/GSM auto using the *#*#INFO#*#* method. Even though I've selected that as an option when I go into mobile network settings---> Preferred network type, I only see 3G or 2G.

Upvote 0
Yes, it is looking for LTE after I switched the preferred network to LTE/GSM auto using the *#*#INFO#*#* method. Even though I've selected that as an option when I go into mobile network settings---> Preferred network type, I only see 3G or 2G.
Your pics are exactly what every stock rom show. You could change it to 3G/2G via that option but you can not change it back to 4G on that screen.
I don't know if its nexus 4 only rom, remember google took the lte availability out with the .48 rom, they may have taken that option out with the newer roms too.

Upvote 0
Hello. I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction. This thread is Huge! My wife has a N4 and we are on MetroPCS. In Jacksonville, FL and I have a N5, I get good 4g service (through T-Mobile network obviously) and was thinking about flashing the 4g radios for the wife so she can have 4g on her N4. So, I am not a noob, but this is "her" phone and it must be done right the first time. Haha. Could someone point me towards the most current method and files? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hello. I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction. This thread is Huge! My wife has a N4 and we are on MetroPCS. In Jacksonville, FL and I have a N5, I get good 4g service (through T-Mobile network obviously) and was thinking about flashing the 4g radios for the wife so she can have 4g on her N4. So, I am not a noob, but this is "her" phone and it must be done right the first time. Haha. Could someone point me towards the most current method and files? Thanks in advance
There is actually an app, but you must be rooted...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bpear.makomodem

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones