• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T mobile to drop the desire hd

We're 'banging on' about the supply problems because HTC have been very poor in keeping their promises.

They had indicated delivery schedules and quantities to many different retailers allowing them to inform customers when their orders should be fulfilled. Time and time again these promises have been broken and HTC are still having issues producing enough handsets. They should have been more realistic from the start and then there wouldn't have been so many people who had expected their handsets, in many cases, weeks ago.

It seems that the delay is the aluminium chasis, which does at least explain why other handsets are available.

Upvote 0
All I am saying is this isn't really any different from other major releases (from any other firm). I'm guessing they use the first couple of batches as gineapigs in the wild. If it needs any major tweak it can be managed into future batches without a major recall - which I'd imagine on kit like this would result in pretty much early stock being binned. Also I havent found any other problems except for those already in Android 2.2 - laggyness. there are no battery issues. After a week it lasts a day without to many problems.
Have they just run out of ally then?!?

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone to a customer adviser at t-mobile to chase up my upgrade on the HD, had been promised 'within 3 days' in middle of october, then 'expecting dispatch after the weekend', rang them again and told 'we are looking approx 7 days' after this mornings chase up call i was told i would be looking at 'AFTER CHRISTMAS' ......how can this be, why all the excuses, been with t-mobile for ten years, have 3 contracts with t-mobile, 2 out of contract since July waiting for this phone...might be time to look elsewhere.:mad::mad:

Upvote 0
This is what I was afraid of. Most retailers keep saying 'a few more days' or 'next week' and then everything gets pushed back again.

HTC are clearly having some serious issues producing the amount of stock that they had planned to and it seems like it would take at least weeks to resolve that. I think we may all be looking at ~Christmas before the stock starts to flow.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone to a customer adviser at t-mobile to chase up my upgrade on the HD, had been promised 'within 3 days' in middle of october, then 'expecting dispatch after the weekend', rang them again and told 'we are looking approx 7 days' after this mornings chase up call i was told i would be looking at 'AFTER CHRISTMAS' ......how can this be, why all the excuses, been with t-mobile for ten years, have 3 contracts with t-mobile, 2 out of contract since July waiting for this phone...might be time to look elsewhere.:mad::mad:

Im going to ring again n a few days. If i hear "After Christmas" im cancelling the contract. Will have to look elsewhere myself.

Upvote 0
I admire the guy at Customer Service's honesty (after all its not his fault) and that he gave me an realistic date rather than fobbing me off for a few days, its still annoying being keep getting delayed, post back and let us know what you have been told

yeah suppose it is better to be honest. the guy i spoke to yesterday was also pretty honest, and said that he could not give me a date at all! Its very frustrating, and you just know that if you wait until after christmas for the DHD, another better Android handset will be announced shortly after!

Upvote 0
Are you guys all after upgrades? because the DHD is available from people like Mobiles.co.uk. Its probably a better deal from there and most important it will be unbranded! I assume Tmob supplied handsets are branded? so will not get Gingerbread till 2 months after the stock DHD's
Obviously if you go there and stick with Tmob you will have to change your number but you could always defect to Orange. you will still get the Tmob signal anyway and you can port your number.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of people who are looking (myself included) are after a Sim free phone for the full retail price. Mobiles.co.uk won't do that.

Also, I'll keep correcting people whenever someone says this, if you're on Orange or T-Mobile you can only use the other's 2G network. No 3G / HSPA. It's also worth pointing out that you only roam across to the other network when you entirely lose the signal from your network.

Upvote 0
Are you guys all after upgrades? because the DHD is available from people like Mobiles.co.uk. Its probably a better deal from there and most important it will be unbranded! I assume Tmob supplied handsets are branded? so will not get Gingerbread till 2 months after the stock DHD's
Obviously if you go there and stick with Tmob you will have to change your number but you could always defect to Orange. you will still get the Tmob signal anyway and you can port your number.

Yea, I am looking for an upgrade on the orange network. been looking at e2save, mobiles.co.uk, dialaphone, phones4u but the upgrades seems to be more expensive then the normal contract.

If I phone them directly instead of going through the site do you think I can get a better offer?

Upvote 0
I have been on a pre order list for the htc desire hd for 4 weeks now & t mobile have had a stock delivered in but not enough to cover the pre order list. The adviser said they have only had a few hundred phones & the next delivery is next friday so another week. T Mobile are blaming htc for not producing enough for the demand of the phone. I was offered an alternative but why should i take a phone i am not wanting.

Upvote 0
So I've been waiting just under three weeks, it arrived yesterday!

Horray, right!? - No, they sent it to the wrong address... Oh well. I would like to be more annoyed, but I actually thought the T-mobile support team where very good: answered straight away every time, all clearly had English as first language, and genuinely seemed apologetic.

Still annoying they sent it to the wrong address though..

Upvote 0
big mike i was waiting for 4 weeks untill somone at t-mobile told me i can go to carphone warehouse to pick the phone up, I never thought of this. Went into Carphone warehouse and picked one up right away.

Try that !!

The phone is amazing but then again it is my first smart phone, Im not sure what im doing with it lol which is why im here. But i can play games on it and download youtube vids lol thats about as far as ive got :)

Upvote 0
Well last Saturday the kind folks at T-mobile customer support emailed for me to ring an 0800 number "as they needed some more information." Turns out they just wanted to palm me off with a standard Desire instead. Back to the wait list. (Can compare it to waiting for a brand new just launched graphics card for PC. Took 2 months and still didn't arrive then !!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones