• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Team Osiris][ROM][Beta] Unofficial CM11

So I cannot do it through cwm recovery?

That Nandroid manager is a pretty badass program, especially the paid version. I'm truly grateful that SuperR brought it to my attention. You should definitely check it out

Do you guys think that it is best to just flash the rom alone or should both the rom and gapps be flash? I only said that because every time I try to flash gapps, I got an error.

Do you guys think that it is best to just flash the rom alone or should both the rom and gapps be flash? I only said that because every time I try to flash gapps, I got an error.

Yeah i got error too so i guess its best to just flash rom for now:)

So is there anyway to have a statusbar notification for voicemail? I don't seem to have one i just get a text message that says i have a message.

Also is auto brightness broken? Doesnt seem to change..Thanks

PS: Thanks so much Jet for bringing this rom to us and getting it closer to being fully functional, its been a while since i messed (flashed/modded) with my phone and i missed that lmao

Have you guys noticed the textures sometimes not loading graphically?
Yes, but not often.
You should still flash gapps. The error happens after all the files are extracted, and you want the gapps files. Otherwise you won't have access to the play store, and some things won't work correctly.

Have you guys noticed the textures sometimes not loading graphically?

Yea got that half screen, and multiples (sometimes) when superuser was being requested.

Something happened right after initial set-up (after gapp's failed to install) that caught me by surprise, anyone else see an automatic download of the Superuser update app? That happened, and when I looked into it, it was like a trying to hit buttons on a "screen-shot", in that none of the buttons did anything.

Also noticed during attempts to restore apps, (es file manager for one) with T.B. that it would just hang, so, backed out, and tried again, and request restore app only, not app and data, got the same hang, while others, such as Double Twist, just came in easily.

I stupidly restored a "superuser", and that prevented T.B. from having any access at all, so I ended up in recovery, to restore my previous build.

Other than that, I really liked the build ... jetx2x your the man.

Yea got that half screen, and multiples (sometimes) when superuser was being requested.

Something happened right after initial set-up (after gapp's failed to install) that caught me by surprise, anyone else see an automatic download of the Superuser update app? That happened, and when I looked into it, it was like a trying to hit buttons on a "screen-shot", in that none of the buttons did anything.

Also noticed during attempts to restore apps, (es file manager for one) with T.B. that it would just hang, so, backed out, and tried again, and request restore app only, not app and data, got the same hang, while others, such as Double Twist, just came in easily.

I stupidly restored a "superuser", and that prevented T.B. from having any access at all, so I ended up in recovery, to restore my previous build.

Other than that, I really liked the build ... jetx2x your the man.

maybe you had es file explorer as a system app previously that would make it hang.

I am having trouble with the email app. Everything I go to check my email, I have a bad screen and it doesn't show the content of the email

I am having trouble with the email app. Everything I go to check my email, I have a bad screen and it doesn't show the content of the email

jetx2x is already aware of the graphics issues and is working on getting them fixed :)

To whomever complained about auto brightness... The light sensor functions perfectly... You simply need to configure the auto brightness levels in the display settings to your liking... If you find the optimum values please share them with me so I can make them default

To whomever complained about auto brightness... The light sensor functions perfectly... You simply need to configure the auto brightness levels in the display settings to your liking... If you find the optimum values please share them with me so I can make them default

ok i will mess with it when i get a chance i tried it adjusting it before and it shut my screen off and had to re-flash, this time i'll make a backup before i mess with brightness lol. Thanks

ok i will mess with it when i get a chance i tried it adjusting it before and it shut my screen off and had to re-flash, this time i'll make a backup before i mess with brightness lol. Thanks

Don't turn it all the way down... It will literally turn it off... I set the config to prevent it from going so low but it still isn't working... Sorry about that

Seems like pmem is the root of all evil for this ROM... Gonna see if I can get ion to work later

maybe you had es file explorer as a system app previously that would make it hang.

I can't say, since ES File Explorer is a user app, free download.

It's used in rooted phones, and is given permission to access root, so at some point saved a back up, and I wanted to restore that.

The PlayStore wasn't playing nice yesterday, it took hours to download TB. so I didn't want to try to get it from the store.

Has anyone used the repackaged gapp's.zip that Super provided yet?

Believe I found the answer to our web browsing woes... Wish me luck Lol

And yes... It IS pmem that's messing it up... The fix is to use ion and upgrade to newer adreno libs but that's doing a bit much... Easier route is to use the old WebKit implementation

Back
Top Bottom